• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fuel mileage update

You can still adjust the rear. The shock has a small adjustment knob on it. You just have to reach under now instead of having it on the tunnel. I got sick of replacing the cable on my '06. This works just fine for me. The front GYTR shocks on the old models were great for adjustability. I wish they were still on the new model.

Mikedom said:
You can still adjust the rear. The shock has a small adjustment knob on it. You just have to reach under now instead of having it on the tunnel. I got sick of replacing the cable on my '06. This works just fine for me. The front GYTR shocks on the old models were great for adjustability. I wish they were still on the new model.

The fronts are mainly what I am talking about, but it would still be nice if an expensive machine had something better than reaching into the skid to adjust the rear! :o|

We have two 2011 Vector LTX's. We have 2,800 on both of them, and ride Primarily the Keyweenaw UP MI. We get average 16.5 MPG. We use regular 85 oct occasionally premium 90+ oct depending on where we full. Normally ride with rear suspension set right in the middle comfort zone.

mileage

I don't think these things are getting the mileage that anybody hopes for, but i like the fact that i don't have to buy injection oil, and I just cleaned the carbs on my two sleds for the first time in 5 years(05 rage and 05 warrior). I hadn't had any problem with plugged jets at all until this year. I blame that on the crappy gas they're making now. I always left the tank full with sta-bil in it for the summer. I will now be draining the tank and carbs in the off season.

We normally run 85 oct. Wonder how much better the MPG is if we ran premium on a regular basis? When we put in premium, it is usually because there is no lower oct available. Is that how guys are getting 20+ mpg?

Fusionfool said:
We normally run 85 oct. Wonder how much better the MPG is if we ran premium on a regular basis? When we put in premium, it is usually because there is no lower oct available. Is that how guys are getting 20+ mpg?

You need to look at the data when people say 20 mpg, some of them are from Canada and they use a large gallon I believe.

On mine I've averaged 16.2 mpg for the first 450+ miles. It may loosen up some more, but I'm satisfied with that.
Chester

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

:letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow:

Re: ...

Irv said:
nealchick said:
http://www.snowmobile.com/manufacturers/yamaha/2010-yamaha-vector-ltx-gt-review-993.html

Thanks nealchick, good article ;)!

Just can't figure out why Yamaha would do away with the front clicker shox and the tunnel adjuster on the newer modles? :drink:

(Dumb move imo, and one that may possibly have me looking elsewhere when it comes time to upgrade?)
cost

You need to look at the data when people say 20 mpg, some of them are from Canada and they use a large gallon I believe.

On mine I've averaged 16.2 mpg for the first 450+ miles. It may loosen up some more, but I'm satisfied with that.
Chester

Just got back from the UP. Used no-ethanal fuel the entire trip, with most of the time being premium. Average was 17.3, with on tank at 18 mpg. Not too bad, and ran better then with 87 oct with ethanol. Guess it is worth the extra money to but the premium fuel. Maybe wont save it in fuel economy, but I did like how much better the ran.

Dara said:
First fillup, 136 km and then put 18 litres in. That comes pretty close to 20 mpg Canadian.
Lets hope it will get better after breakin....this will kill me.

edit...2012 Vector LTX
If your figures are accurate you are getting 21.4 mpg. Even 20 mpg is excellent - nothing to complain about! I would have difficulty squeezing 20mpg outta my VL.

my wifes 07 rage gt got 19.3 the fill up before the last and 19.1 the last fillup
Thanks Dale

BombaPolaYama said:
Dara said:
First fillup, 136 km and then put 18 litres in. That comes pretty close to 20 mpg Canadian.
Lets hope it will get better after breakin....this will kill me.

edit...2012 Vector LTX
If your figures are accurate you are getting 21.4 mpg. Even 20 mpg is excellent - nothing to complain about! I would have difficulty squeezing 20mpg outta my VL.

That was only one tank. I am wondering if something was off. I seem to be about 15 mpg US gallon right now but I have only been doing numbers in my head at fillup time.
1200 miles on it now and I would like to see what it is but I don't think I am going to get much more riding in unless we get some serious snow.

vector mileage

My wifehas a 2010 vector gt, she gets 20/21 mpg. regulary and has seen up to 24 mpg on a slow club ride, her 08 was about the same but the 10 is more fun power wise, if I didnt have a need for speed I think the vector is the perfect trail sled all around.

VectorLTX2012 said:
Fusionfool said:

Chester

Just got back from the UP for my second trip. The worst I got was 15.6 and the best was 17.4. The worst was pushing a lot of soft snow running the Bill Nichols (#3) from Mass to north of Hancock. I'm sure I would get more MPG's, but I've been riding with my buddies. Next week we will be back up there with the wives and I'm sure the gas mileage will be higher. I'm more pleased every time I ride the new sled. It is getting a little stronger and I'm starting to see a little more top end. I lined up with my buddy and his M1000. We were even until I hit 50 mph and then he just kept going. I'm still smiling and can't get the grin off my face.

Chester

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

:letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow:

Back