• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FX Nytro or XTX?

fasteddie

Extreme
Looking to buy a Nytro but not sure if I should go XTX or FX does the 144 have a better ride in the bumps? how about the twisties? Does the 144 push more in the corners? And if so can this be overcome with adjustment? Also is there a easy way to tell if the front end or tunnel has been tweaked?

Thanks in advance

I have never ridden a short track Nytro for any extended period of time but it should have been discontinued just after the XTX came out. The XTX is an amazing sled, that when properly adjusted will suit you perfectly.. You will not be disappointed.

I've had both.
For me the XTX is better.
Unless you ride very slow in very tight trails.

XTX is faster, track to snow approach profile is better.
XTX does track not ratchet, contained better around drivers.
XTX has transfer rod adjustment, shorty does not. (unless you buy adjustable blocks)
XTX seems to sit flater, less tippy, again due to better skid profile.
XTX has better launch and more bite under accel.

Overall XTX is a better trail sled while the shorty is best suited for jumping and ditch running.

I just put 650 miles on my xtx after riding a shorty apex for 4 1/2 years. we rode in every condition icey, big bumps , little bumps, long straights, tight corners, deep powder, and some trail jumps. I will say this I will Never buy another sled in the short track version.

Back