• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

gap between i/c and hood???

obile

Pro
just finished install and the gap between the ic and the hood is a lot. what are people doing to seal up the gap? ive seen the stock airbox lid used and wondering if this allows enough air to i/c ? do people just leave it open ? i ride deep pow 90% of the time and have snow over the hood constantly, this gap seems that it would allow the clutches to get snow as well as just fillin up the engine compatment. does anyone just have foam glued to the hood to seal against the i/c? does the airbox lid mod allow enough airflow to keep the ic cool need some advice please

obile,

I experienced the same problem last year have designed a new hood to pull air through the body panels/engine compartment to cool the clutches, decrease the engine soak temp and also lower the air temp passing through the intercooler. We have done shop testing and I have only had time to run the sled once but it was very warm out and quite muddy here in Colo. So, at this time I don't want to make to big of claims but we did see decreases in Oil Temp and Water Temp. I am heading up again Friday for a 2nd round of testing with new snow (28+") fell the last 2 days.
The hood has a taller look but incorporates somewhat of the factory design. I built a rear venturi design that faces off the rear of each side of the hood. The air flow coming across the top of the hood creates a air void thus causing a vaccum effect. Each venturi is connected by channel to a sealed pressure plate that seals off the intercooler. Air pressurizes the engine compartment through the side panel vents and the upper vent gap between the hood and side panel. The air is then sucked up through the intercooler and greater air flow gives lower operating temps. all around.
Also, the design should shed the snow from accumulating on top of the hood - unlike the stock design.
I am making these hoods out of Carbon Fiber or Carbon/Kevlar hybrid. I should have pics by the weekend if your interested in one.

sled

I have a carbo fiber hood that covers the hole and it lighter then the stock will let it go for 350 canadian. thanks

I will have pics posted by this weekend. I would also like to see the hood that Summitking has for sale and view the design.
My hood should come in about 11 grams lighter than stock with all the pressure plate and ducting pieces in place.
Are you in the U.S. or Can.?

Back