• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

gas mileage

new mountain

Hey guys i'm trying to get a feel for what kind of mileage you guys are getting? I just got my sled on Saturday (mountain edition) and got about 45 miles for half of a tank.
Also does anybody know how to change display from miles to kilometers.

Thanks guys

I mainly boondock with lots of powder and can go about 95-105 miles bofore the gas light comes on. I have never run it out but have gone another 13-15 miles after light came on. Don't forget the 07 mountain holds another gallon of fuel more than the 08. For boondockin that's an all dayer easily, at least for me and my buds, were old!

I do alot of powder riding and high rpms and get 12 mpg pushing powder like a bulldozer. I still have stock clutching and gearing in the unit. I also weigh 285 lbs. all gear and tools included, pretty good for a large one. Poor sled

new mountain said:
Also does anybody know how to change display from miles to kilometers.

while the ignition is on....press and hold one of the buttons (can't remember which one...i think the reset) and it'll change from metric to imperial and visa versa

I too am pushing 275 with all my gear (as said before, poor sled) and seem to get between 11 and 12 mpg. Very little trail riding. Last weekend the snow was hard and the milage seemed to be alittle better, but not much, I forgot to set my trip meter. Either way it is better than my old cat. That was a gas sucking pig.

Well I finished off the tank and only got 85 miles and the last 8 miles were with the low fuel light on. I'm going to have to see whats going on. Its also an 07 so I have the 8 gallon tank.
any suggestions?

My first tank on my new 07 mountain lite was 140 km as it ran dry pulling onto the trailer. I hope it gets better as it breaks in. It went for at least 20km with the warning light on. It took 30 litres to fill it. It's still not bad mileage, but the range is low.

Back