• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fuel mileage report TD Stage 6/header/3" exhaust with closed loop.

DMCTurbo

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder XTX LE 137
So I was curious to see what my fuel mileage would be after all the performance upgrades I did over the off-season.

I rode 2 up with my wife on back and cruised at 40-50 mph. Arrived home with 145kms on the odometer with just under half a tank remaining. I went out this morning and ran the sled till the fuel light came on at 210 kms (130 miles) then continued home and ended up with 221 kms (137 miles) on the tank of fuel.

Now mind you I wasn't holding it to the bar for any length of time but I'm pretty impressed.
20220212_133828_copy_756x1008.jpg
20220211_110710_copy_756x1008.jpg

Great report. I believe when cruising on a tuned sled, it is more efficient. I noticed it on my 1100ZR9. It went from 10/11 MPG to 14/15 with the first 240HP tune I put into it. It went back down to 12/13 when I added the modstock turbo and 300hp tune. LOL

Thats really amazing , that closed loop looks like a out of the park Grand Slam end of story …. This sled and motor just keeps it interesting year after year…..

Hey you are letting the Cat out of the Bag...LOL...I always liked that I had one of the very few SWs on the trails in our area. Now I am starting to see more all the time. In our group we have gone from only my 2019 to 4 now...I guess the secret is getting out about these 998s.

That is great mileage. I wish I could report the same with my MS16 tune. Last year I ran out at 128 miles. The stock sidewinder made it 4-5 miles further.

Incredible isn't it!
So you have one of the fastest trailable Winders , with incredible mileage , and with all the time you spend wrenching and time testing , YOUR WIFE STILL NOT ONLY IS STILL TALKING TO YOU , BUT ALSO RIDES WITH YOU !!!!!
YOU DA MAN !

That is great mileage. I tuned mine this year with stock muffler multi tune(225-240-270). I ride with my wife regularly on her 900ace non turbo which is awesome on fuel mileage. Last year I would consistently take 10 litres more than her. This year I am within 1 liter on every fill up.Better mileage more power is a big win in my book!

That is great mileage. I wish I could report the same with my MS16 tune. Last year I ran out at 128 miles. The stock sidewinder made it 4-5 miles further.
No doubt DMCTurbo mileage is great considering how much power he’s running but you are not far off, 128 miles is 206 km to a tank. There’s lots of variables with fuel mileage.

So I was curious to see what my fuel mileage would be after all the performance upgrades I did over the off-season.

I rode 2 up with my wife on back and cruised at 40-50 mph. Arrived home with 145kms on the odometer with just under half a tank remaining. I went out this morning and ran the sled till the fuel light came on at 210 kms (130 miles) then continued home and ended up with 221 kms (137 miles) on the tank of fuel.

Now mind you I wasn't holding it to the bar for any length of time but I'm pretty impressed.View attachment 166238View attachment 166239
Yup around 15.2 mpg that is sweet,my only trip this year,again riding w/buddy we averaged around 55-60 mph and i still got 14.2 mpg these tuned winders get great milage for sure,i have seen 18 plus on very hard trails before,driving average,not balls out,but it is still awesome.

Back