• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gates redline belt

What were you running for belt previous to the redline? Any change in rpm vs the previous belt once broken in? Im hearing conflicting results, some say it lowers rpm like the ultimax and others say it runs similiar rpms to 8JP.
Stock 8jp as I had a few left over from my turbo viper, I haven't noticed any changes as in rpms but feel the red line is not as rubber band feeling as 8jp on hard acceleration.

Spare belt storage was one of the reasons I went to the medium size storage bag behind my seat. A spare belt fits nicely - no bending or twisting required.
That storage bag came stock with my 19xtx le but I carry a second spare zip tied in the belly pan near the clutches, break a belt and only have one spare and fun is over, seems like it to me anyhow as I baby it knowing that I don't have another spare, personal problem I guess as I start second guessing my clutch allighnment and such.

One thing to consider on Warranty.

Ultimax is king with their new quick turn around process. Just seen a bud blew one, and after the new warranty process which does not need to be sent back anymore, he had his replacement belt within a DAY!

Now that is gonna be hard to beat.

Dan

One thing to consider on Warranty.

Ultimax is king with their new quick turn around process. Just seen a bud blew one, and after the new warranty process which does not need to be sent back anymore, he had his replacement belt within a DAY!

Now that is gonna be hard to beat.

Dan
You are right on there! Before i switched to a apex primary last season. I warranted 2 xs825 belts. Very little questions asked, a picture or two and a new belt a couple days later.
Awesome customer service!

On my a Redline package it says one year warranty. Contact company not the sellers. If I can’t snap a belt in 1 year that’s a good belt

Ouch this belt requires alot more spring in the secondary when running 300hp

Attachments

• 20210303_112542.jpg
    20210303_112542.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 175
yes, it is like small rubber balls on primary and secondary to.

Ouch this belt requires alot more spring in the secondary when running 300hp

Yes it does. Are you still using that Version 1 Black/Orange? I had to go away from it as it just would not provide enough side force on even the XS825. V2 has a LOT more side force to it at 90*. Or use the Dalton Cat white, or the Cat Sno-Pro green set around 9-1 or 9-2, even 9-3.

I'm sure you are going to need to clamp that Redline belt harder if its like the 8JP. Or so we are hearing.

Yes it does. Are you still using that Version 1 Black/Orange? I had to go away from it as it just would not provide enough side force on even the XS825. V2 has a LOT more side force to it at 90*. Or use the Dalton Cat white, or the Cat Sno-Pro green set around 9-1 or 9-2, even 9-3.

I'm sure you are going to need to clamp that Redline belt harder if its like the 8JP. Or so we are hearing.

No that spring is in two parts, dalton gona replace it. I was drivning with cat sno-pro green at 9-3 it still slips, tried tp orange at 70* on 35 helix and it slips on that one to, do you think i can go 41-37 with 0+1 or 35helix with 9-2 or 9-3.

Last edited:
this spring is not gona work

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210303-204729_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210303-204729_Gallery.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 141
No that spring is in two parts, dalton gona replace it. I was drivning with cat sno-pro green at 9-3 it still slips, tried tp orange at 70* on 35 helix and it slips on that one to, do you think i can go 41-37 with 0+1 or 35helix with 9-2 or 9-3.

Good, that V1 is just too weak too. Great that Dalton will replace it yet. V2 is a awesome spring, but still gotta wind it right up.

Give the 41-37 Sno-Pro green a try on 0-1 or 0-2 and see how that shakes out. 0-3 if you have to. Just keep cranking it up till it holds on. It may be such a thing that the Redline won't hold and grip well too, who knows, they were made for the side by side world so may have to stick with the awesome Ultimax XS825.

Back