• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gauntlets who makes the BEST

yamadoo

Yamadoo is a snowmobile ' aholic'.
Country
USA
Snowmobile
15 Viper STX DX red/white- GPS and KING AIR suspension 4kmiles
13 Apex XTX 45 anniversary RED/WHITE/BLACK 3K miles
10 Vector LTX Blue 9kmiles
11 Venture GT 4k miles
86 SnoScoot(2) for grand kids
Guys,

My old gauntlets - good ones - do not fit over the big Yamaha control blocks on the bars.

I am going on a long February trip to Canada and the risk of super cold is real. Just wondering who the TYers think make the best gauntlets. I figure if I have gauntlets and Rockmeisters's hand warmer set up I can just about count on a warm trip. You know the old boy scout adage, "be prepared" and if you are cold or not, your OK.

So who's are warm, fit the bars, cut the wind

Thinking Snow

Yamadoo

hate to say it but i took the set of gauntlets off my sno pro and theyre awsome... thick waterproof canvas, fleece lined, theyre also stiff so they keep they're shape unlike some others i put them on upside down so the cat emblems dont show haha

Mark,

I've had three sets of gauntlets; two that were good and one set that sucked. It is not so much a question of who makes the best but more about the characteristics of a good set. My experience is that you want a set that:
a) is not much longer than your wrists as you want to be able to easily get your hands into and out of the gauntlets
b) have a rigid opening so it is easy to get your hands into and out of the gauntlets

I've also found that having a set of hand guards installed will deflect air out and around the gauntlet preventing it from collapsing on your hand. Without the hand guards, wind directly hitting the gauntlet can cause it to wrap around your hand making it difficult to grab the brake lever (been there done that).

In terms of brands, Ski-Doo makes a good set. I bought my last set from Chad at M&M Powersports in Houghton. They were only $19.99 and work great. I don't remember the brand.

Swiss Sledder said:
Mark,

I've had three sets of gauntlets; two that were good and one set that sucked. It is not so much a question of who makes the best but more about the characteristics of a good set. My experience is that you want a set that:
a) is not much longer than your wrists as you want to be able to easily get your hands into and out of the gauntlets
b) have a rigid opening so it is easy to get your hands into and out of the gauntlets

I've also found that having a set of hand guards installed will deflect air out and around the gauntlet preventing it from collapsing on your hand. Without the hand guards, wind directly hitting the gauntlet can cause it to wrap around your hand making it difficult to grab the brake lever (been there done that).

In terms of brands, Ski-Doo makes a good set. I bought my last set from Chad at M&M Powersports in Houghton. They were only $19.99 and work great. I don't remember the brand.

Power Madd makes a nice set, that works with their hand guards, they give you good access and coverage, and they don't collapse at high speeds, and are reasonably priced.

I used the Powermadd set last year and they helped quite a bit, not too obtrusive either. They fit very tight with my Nytro handguards and the opening was good too. They are designed for the smaller Powermadd handguards, but like I said, you can make them fit over the stockers.

This year, I hope I won't need them, due to a purchase of the Yamaheater.

I got Katahdin Fleece lined with wire opening. They fit my Attak and my very large hands well. They are cheap too.
Go on easy with velcro closures.

860200180_FT_MD.jpg

Ski-Doo makes an all-black version of these gauntlets. They are short and semi-rigid. I found them to work excellant last year.

http://www.ski-doo.com/GearsAccessories ... ail/PC_180

Thanks guys, sorry so late in responding, got distracted by life away from snowmobile dreams.

Yamadoo

The skinz are good for everyday use but when it gets nutz, I put the powermadds over the skinz. I keep them stored in the nose of the sled in a 2 gallon ziplock when not in use.

I actually use ski-doo and they fit over the hand guards and actually make it nice because they hold the gauntlets away from your fingers. They are shorter and you can see the back of my gloves when inserted in them. I like them because I can get my hands in and out easily. Avoid the long ones that go way you your foreams unless your coat is not warm enough, in which case get a better coat.

CaptCaper said:
I got Katahdin Fleece lined with wire opening. They fit my Attak and my very large hands well. They are cheap too.
Go on easy with velcro closures.

X2 on the Katahadin.

Back