• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gem controllers aren't to user friendly

yamamarc

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 zr9000 Ltd
Man I've read over the gem controller
Instructions for mpi turbo a few times now and I can't seem to wrap my head around the use/ adjusting proceedure
As i'm reading the instructions I get right confused when it starts talking about all the colors, numbers and modes!!!! Are these things complicated or is it just me? I loved my pc5 it was so user friendly when comparing....
I'm actually scared to touch the gem and throw it out of the MPI default setting and leaning it out.
Anyone have a " guide for Gem controllers for dummies"..lol

I agree, those instructions make no sense. I've read them at least 4 times and I still don't really get it.

http://www.electronicjetkit.com/

You can even play with it on that site, shows you how it works.

You have the low boost kit there, you should have to do too much tuning actually. Maybe just clean up the midrange a little, but at 5-6 psi your injectors will be maxed at full throttle anyways.
Wow right on I'll check it out thank you sir;)!

So the mpi gems controller is just rebranded and is actually made by EJK? Thanks for the link I'm gonna start learning right away!

http://www.electronicjetkit.com/

You can even play with it on that site, shows you how it works.

You have the low boost kit there, you should have to do too much tuning actually. Maybe just clean up the midrange a little, but at 5-6 psi your injectors will be maxed at full throttle anyways.
I went threw the recommended site thank you it's allot clearer now!!! I'd rather see a rpm range for the different modes! not sure if I like the gem controller I guess it's something to get use to!

So the mpi gems controller is just rebranded and is actually made by EJK? Thanks for the link I'm gonna start learning right away!
I guess so!! it explains the setup allot better!

Back