• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Getting a little snow in southwestern Ontario

Not that upset I got some riding in today. I found out why guys get long trackers for the powder.

Attachments

• IMG00074-20101207-1609.jpg
    IMG00074-20101207-1609.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 111
its amazing how isolated these squalls are. I'm about 20minutes east of london off the 401 and we have about 9" of snow (coming down pretty good right now though!).

London is getting absolutely beat....been hearing talks of declaring a state of emergency...perhaps we should all get together and unload on richmond street and go for a rip ;)

We have about a foot on the ground and we are getting another 6-12,The finger lakes are making lake effect snow and its hammering us =. it hasn't stopped snowing for the last 5 days

The wild thing is that this picture was taken cutting through a paved side walk in a park in a subdivision in London. Any sort of dip in the grade and the 2 feet plus we got turns into 4. Not many opportunities to ride powder in southwestern Ontario.

bluecanuck said:
The wild thing is that this picture was taken cutting through a paved side walk in a park in a subdivision in London. Any sort of dip in the grade and the 2 feet plus we got turns into 4. Not many opportunities to ride powder in southwestern Ontario.

So you Londoner's are ripping around the streets of London? ;)!

YammyRX1 said:
Two things wrong with that plan: Toronto gets very little snow and sleds cost a lot more up here!

Heh. Just kidding. I was referring to the fact that I'd have a lot less trailering to do, I didn't mean Toronto per se, and I know you guys get hosed on sled prices.

GRIMM Looks like we might be getting some dumping on the weekend!!!! Good timing as its been cold the last couple of days to get some frost in the ground.

I'm 50 min north of you bluecanuck. My front porch is 35" off the ground and to clean it off I am throwing snow up!!! I hear in between us around Lucan area, a recorded 150cm and after the weekend passes an expected 200cm, that's over 6 feet!!!!!!

Safety Sean said:
...and I'm sitting in NL watching the grass grow. Enjoy it boys & hopefully it moves east soon.

Thats alright im in ottawa, not far from them at all and i can still see the tips of the grass on my front lawn.

calling for 35-45 cm sunday though, i'm pumped.

Hey yamahas...dont get too excited. LaLaLa ..we got over 30 centemeters..but its still closed..no base..and the rivers and streams and the lakes are very dangerous.. its rolled and ready..and I drive by it everyday at the end of my street..lol...they say they are waitting for more snow..I think it should open..the trail around my house is in good shape. ;)! ..lol...were getting more than you... :jump:

Back