• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Getting ready for next year!

I'm making the switch from a modded nytro to a '15 xtx wh the mpi trail turbo. I like the feel of my nytro which is why it's staying in my garage jus in case. But I feel I still want a little more an for around the same price for the turbo as what bolt on cost I don't mind watching gauges as I'm very particular about how my sled runs anyways. I'm not one to hold her wot for long periods jus short bursts to keep my grin . I don't intend on running the full 6 lbs( I know the boost will get me once it's there lol) but I'm looking for some new fun on a new sled an pretty excited to see it all come together. I don't buy new sleds to often so putting some cash into to a badass hobby when we have snow it's ok with me.

Reading all the negatives still haven't hindered my decision as I have some long conversions with my yami rep about the new vipers an clothe changes they have made. Worst case I'll sled for a new one lol like the saying goes for buying cars, there's an #*$&@ for every seat lol but that's my input here, look forward to seeing pictures of all the new vipers with killer mods an turbos.

Brad

Sledguy89 said:
I'm making the switch from a modded nytro to a '15 xtx wh the mpi trail turbo. I like the feel of my nytro which is why it's staying in my garage jus in case. But I feel I still want a little more an for around the same price for the turbo as what bolt on cost I don't mind watching gauges as I'm very particular about how my sled runs anyways. I'm not one to hold her wot for long periods jus short bursts to keep my grin . I don't intend on running the full 6 lbs( I know the boost will get me once it's there lol) but I'm looking for some new fun on a new sled an pretty excited to see it all come together. I don't buy new sleds to often so putting some cash into to a badass hobby when we have snow it's ok with me.

Reading all the negatives still haven't hindered my decision as I have some long conversions with my yami rep about the new vipers an clothe changes they have made. Worst case I'll sled for a new one lol like the saying goes for buying cars, there's an #*$&@ for every seat lol but that's my input here, look forward to seeing pictures of all the new vipers with killer mods an turbos.

Brad

Very nicely said, I agree. I didn't have the luxury of keeping my Nytro. Cause I wish I still had it. And the smart thing would be to run it rich and at 5 pounds of boost. But then you start thinking I paid for 190hp and I want it. If your a chilled rider it think your fine. I was fine running it hard. I went through my pistons and head gasket. But my gauge was a pile of crap. And it was reading wrong numbers. It took 3600 miles before it blew. They can run hard with 6 pounds. Just make sure the gas is good. I guess I just want a fast adjustable sled that's fun! There are several people on here that had zero turbo issues as well as me. The turbos are great. And FUN!! But I just want to jump on and hit it. The Viper is a good sled and looks great! Handles and jumps great. Just needs some little simple things fixed! But for me it's still not in the 800 class and that's what I want. Speed and adjustability. Those are huge factors as well as reliability. To me they all have there problems and none of them are perfect! If I could get two out of the three I could handle that. If I could have all three then I would be happy as hell!! ;)!

Thankfully mine is paid for an can't see getting rid of selling my nytro after I finished it the way I want it lol I did a lot of research an reading about the nytro when they came out a. Made the decision to buy mine as a left over. I'm on the same train of thought that the 2nd will better than the first an knock on woods never had any major issues with my nytro an I flat #*$&@ beat the snot out of it.

But I have a kick #*$&@ oil field job that's funds all my dumb expensive projects haha so needing cash for upgrades jus calls for 14 more days of work. I'm still nervous about running a turbo as I've never owned anything boosted except for my cummins. Handling is not a big issue for me as I ride everything like a dirt bike l, must be a young guy thing. I like to stay moving when I ride an mess around with my buddies. I fully intend on buying some good gauges that have been proven on other members sleds. Worse comes to worst if I get crazy an blow it then she will sit an wait for parts while me an the nytro get more time together lol

Speaking off the 800 class lol as I took my buddy to the sneak peak an showed him what I bought with the turbo, he if course had to go get a xf8000 an still thinks he had a chance haha

Sledguy89 said:
Thankfully mine is paid for an can't see getting rid of selling my nytro after I finished it the way I want it lol I did a lot of research an reading about the nytro when they came out a. Made the decision to buy mine as a left over. I'm on the same train of thought that the 2nd will better than the first an knock on woods never had any major issues with my nytro an I flat #*$&@ beat the snot out of it.

But I have a kick #*$&@ oil field job that's funds all my dumb expensive projects haha so needing cash for upgrades jus calls for 14 more days of work. I'm still nervous about running a turbo as I've never owned anything boosted except for my cummins. Handling is not a big issue for me as I ride everything like a dirt bike l, must be a young guy thing. I like to stay moving when I ride an mess around with my buddies. I fully intend on buying some good gauges that have been proven on other members sleds. Worse comes to worst if I get crazy an blow it then she will sit an wait for parts while me an the nytro get more time together lol

Speaking off the 800 class lol as I took my buddy to the sneak peak an showed him what I bought with the turbo, he if course had to go get a xf8000 an still thinks he had a chance haha

Lol....trust me he has no chance!! Yes get great gauges! Now is not the time to be cheap!! And they handle great! The XTX not as good, but real fun to ride! I'm all over my sled as well standing leaning I'm very active!! But I really like to jump! And I don't pass a jump or even a bump...lol....do wish I still had my Nytro. Mine was paid for as well but I got a great deal trading it in so I did. My wife's Vector ran super stron as well and never sat in the shop, except for a hand warmer. You will enjoy the turbo with the XTX it's a riot!! I rode Steve's and it's so much more fun to play around with!

Have fun bud!!

I was the same way till I extended my nytro an didn't feel like folding the back of my rails up more haha but shoot besides riding the trails to the next town or towns if I see what looks like deep pow I'm in it trying to carve holes or jus wheelie haha but knock on wood again, my nytro had never been in the shop besides a grinding noise on the chain case side. Flat out sweet sled to ride. But I'm hooked on the length now an floating over the bumps ha

I really wanted the xtx le but could not wait. I love my xtx and the blue color scheme I'm sure youll love yours.

What else should Be done with the viper for next season? I have read about tri hub stranding you on trail. Thinking of ordering 4 the wheel kit but this thing is getting expensive I bought the viper because it is supposed to be best yamaha sled ever but with about 20,000 now in total from turbo to shocks plus price of sled it better make me smile all winter. I just want now to take care of any known issues with the sled such as rear wheel failure muffler came with turbo so that is one less problem. Anything I am missing that doesn't cost thousands. Thanks

I've got 11,000 in my viper and smiled every time I rode it , it's got just over 3200 miles on it and ran great and also could stay with any sled out there on the trail!

What else should Be done with the viper for next season? I have read about tri hub stranding you on trail. Thinking of ordering 4 the wheel kit but this thing is getting expensive I bought the viper because it is supposed to be best yamaha sled ever but with about 20,000 now in total from turbo to shocks plus price of sled it better make me smile all winter. I just want now to take care of any known issues with the sled such as rear wheel failure muffler came with turbo so that is one less problem. Anything I am missing that doesn't cost thousands. Thanks

Lol...ya we put a lot of money in this Viper and most of us thought this was the answer to all our prayers. But I'm sure it will take a few years to perfect. I spent a lot of money as well. And still need shocks. It is a great handling sled and it is hard to beat on the trail!! But I want more than a fast sled through smooth trails. I want some adjustability and comfort all in one. Pretty soon Yamaha will make a 800 class sled with all that we are asking for. But buying a sled for 12,000 plus all the extras. I'm done with that.. Stock for me for now on. New sled every tw

So Tim are you buying 2, 2015 Polaris Pro's, one for you and one for your wife?

Are you keeping your Viper? Or???? Hope your planning on sticking with us!

So Tim are you buying 2, 2015 Polaris Pro's, one for you and one for your wife?

Are you keeping your Viper? Or???? Hope your planning on sticking with us!

Ya I'm getting two. I still have my Viper and still bouncing my head off the wall with deciding either to trade it or keep it, either way I will still come on TY! I have met some great people on this site and plan on going on some rides with you guys this winter...this site has awesome people and great advice and ideas! Plus I like BSing as you all know!! And I still have a Yamaha generator so I'm still a Yami guy!! Can't wait to see what Yamaha does next, after the Viper!?.?

Looking forward to seeing your posts continue.

Back