• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Going from Viper MTX to Sidewinder MTX?

Country
Norway
Snowmobile
2016 Yamaha SR Viper MTX 153'' LE McXpress Turbo
Hi!
I have a 2016 Viper MTX 153'' with a MCX 190 turbokit.
I have just ordered å 2019 Sidewinder MTX 153 (We get them in 153 in Scandinavia)
Have any of you gone from å Viper to a Sidewinder and can tell me if the Sidewinder is easyer to handle in the trees? I love my Viper, and after som miles to get use to, it's is a awesome mountain machine!
Looking to get the Precision EFI stage 2 flash (255 hp) on the winder

thanks!
Tom

I went from a '16 MTX LE 153 to an '18 MTX LE 153, both similarly built, both great sleds, but after riding my '18 I don't know if I'd go back. They handle similarly, however the d&r chaincase is a significant difference, and the power doesn't hit as hard as my Viper did. The SW pulls harder in my opinion, and is put together much better.

I haven't done a tune (yet), just an exhaust and some other goodies to drop some weight.

I went from a '16 MTX LE 153 to an '18 MTX LE 153, both similarly built, both great sleds, but after riding my '18 I don't know if I'd go back. They handle similarly, however the d&r chaincase is a significant difference, and the power doesn't hit as hard as my Viper did. The SW pulls harder in my opinion, and is put together much better.

I haven't done a tune (yet), just an exhaust and some other goodies to drop some weight.
Thanks! I have heard that the winder is alot better balanced then the Viper. Looking forward to next winter :-D

Back