• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

GPS mapping software

Thewhitedogg

Extreme
Does any one have any comments about VVMapping software for thier gps units. I checked out the web site and was thinking of ordering but wondered if anyone had used it.
thanks

There is A gps/mapping forum on here scroll further down in the index and you may have better luck searching in there.

Thewhitedogg said:
Does any one have any comments about VVMapping software for thier gps units. I checked out the web site and was thinking of ordering but wondered if anyone had used it.
thanks

i use it with my garmin 276c works good well worth the $45.00. unlike the garmin topo the vvmapping has state and private land in different color so you can tell if you are on state land or not

VV Mapping

I used it last week in NWL MI and like it. The trails got pretty rough north of Kaleva so we decided to road ride and it worked great in getting us from Thompsonville back to Kaleva and even helped again when a road wasn't marked between Kaleva and Harrietta. I'll never leave the barn without it.
I've got a BW screed and it's still pretty easy to read and the guys there are wonderful to work with. Had trouble getting the maps to come up on my laptop and then download to the Garmin. I spent 45 minutes trying and they got me going in 5.
Recommend Highly.

I jealous guys..I wish we had something like that for NH...

The Garmin Map for NH from SledZepplin is transparent and ya can't tell which trail is were in Mapsource.. He may be making it viewable in Mapsource someday.

I'll keep an eye on it.

CaptCaper said:
The Garmin Map for NH from SledZepplin is transparent and ya can't tell which trail is were in Mapsource.. He may be making it viewable in Mapsource someday.

You can see the trails in Mapsource - you probably just have to zoom in more.

The version with roads, lakes and rivers will be ready as soon as I get some time.

Back