• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

GPS VS Speedo They did it again!!

well thats pretty good...I have a new garmin 60 csx this year so I'll have to see what it reads on the lakes

Ran the phazer last night speedo 66 mph and Gps 64 mph........

I dont see a real Issue with Mine, Also that was not wide open but was a speed I could match with at Ease!

Speedo accuracy will also depend upon snow conditions. Hard packed trail riding vs deep fluffy powder will give much different readings due to track slippage.

pat the rat said:
i thought there was a fix for this,like taking off some teeth on that small gear where the speedo connects

i'd liek to hear more.

Looks like a reluctor wheel there, if one was to remove a tooth or 2, the speed would be acurate, and your sled would have "less" mileage for re-sale. hehe.

Mars said:
pat the rat said:
i thought there was a fix for this,like taking off some teeth on that small gear where the speedo connects

i'd liek to hear more.

Looks like a reluctor wheel there, if one was to remove a tooth or 2, the speed would be acurate, and your sled would have "less" mileage for re-sale. hehe.

Since it is showing a higher speed than your are going maybe it is also racking up more miles than your are going. If it does it would show higher miles at resale time making your sled worth less. Anyone check the accuracy of the odometer? :letsnow:

A perfect speedo will be off by about 10% in good conditions due to track slip and in loose snow or ice with out studs much more.

NOW I am not saying they are "on " but when I ask buddies how fast were we going, they say "oh the needle was bouncing between this and that' and it will be close to what I had. A big part of our problem is we read a digital number and think it is ACCURATE from the start, where as on old sleds I see the needle bounce and know it was "in the range" not right on.

Yes they are generous, but so are Cat POO and DOO I have had them all. Yamaha may have gone a step to far though LOL

Yamadoo

HEy guys, yyes this is pretty bad but you also have to remeber one thing abotu that, The sppdo isnt a gps so it doesnt literally track how fast your going, it depends on how many miles per hour the track is going, dont forget thaty the track does slip and what not so technically the speedo is not rong. I t is too bad that it does this but it is just telling you how fast the sled should be going. if you were on ice with studs i bet the sppedo would be more accurate. i am not saying that you are all rong, i mean of course the speedo is off by a bit from what ive heard but you need to remember those things i said. it really depends on what your riding on. The speedo will be more accurate on hard packed snow rather then powder because the track has more traction on hard packed,
well thats al later
let me know if you agree or not
thanks ;)!

fx

mr sleds is hitting 92-93 mph on ice and a little over 100 on the speedo.I was standing next to the radar he also had his gps.

Oh ya see that seems closer then what guys were saying in the powder. It is trickey to tell with those digital gauges.

ecopter said:
The emphasis put on the speedo's accuracy is extremely overrated. JMO,

jf

I can see your point, but it's not overrated when you're trying to obey posted speed limits. I don't want to give the DNR more money than I have to.

Back