• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

GPS WITH 12 VOLT ADAPTOR

actionjack said:
I plan on mounting a Garmin GPSmap 60cs on the left of the guage like this.

My GPSMap 76CS is mounted exactly there on my RX-1 and it works great. I didn't bother with power supply either, I have had no problems with my rechargeable batteries lasting all day. You need to make sure you that you get at least 1800 mAH batteries.

sx7001

Is that RAM mount designed to be mounted there, or is it a modification you made? It looks like a great solution, but I haven't been able to find the exact RAM mount.

Works good, but I had to Dremel a little plastic off the tab on the headlight pod where the small panel interfaces with it since the nut for the Ram diamond plate was in the way. I am going to carry the 12v adaptor for when my GPS batteries run out.

Attachments

• buttons.JPG
    buttons.JPG
    245 KB · Views: 91
Apparently some GPS receivers work better that others in the cold, but I have tried several Garmin GPS lll's and GPS V'S and the LCD display will stop working somewhere between 10 and 20 degrees. Powering the units from the sleds battery and leaving the dispay light on help a little, but when it gets down below zero it needs heat. I have also used it with a heated glove (or cover) to -40 and it still worked.

My experience very similiar to leaddog above.

I have Garmin GPS lll. Works fine to 10 deg F.
Below that the LCD display fades.
I had my wife resew a cell phone 12 V heater to fit GPS and wired direct. When it starts to fade from cold I add the heater. Have clear plastic window where the I read the screen. Works great. I have used it down to -37F. Most Garmin units will be OK
down to 5 deg. F per spec. sheets.

Garmin GPSMap 60CS on an APEX GT. Hardwired and bolted with a Ram mount directly to the riser.

Attachments

• GPS-9.jpg
    GPS-9.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 88

Back