• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Greasing all zerks on the Apex.

So I'm in the garage right now and I don't have a manual yet on the sled. Looking at the front I just greased the 2 that swivel the steering from side to side. Is there anymore that are hidden that I don't see? Are they all bushings on the front suspension arms? I'm going to go back and do the rear suspension skid right now. There has to be more back there hope I don't miss any. I bought the sled new late last winter and it has about 2,600 klm's on it. So anyhow never had to take anything apart yet. I want to take care of this machine. So if anyone knows how many grease fittings there are please let me know. Also other than the oil change I did at 1,000 klm's what else do you think I need to look at? My studs are still in almost new condition also the belt and battery are good. I run it a few times a month just to hear that sweet sound of a four stroke.

Thanks for any help guys....

I think thats about it for zerks... Id give her a fresh oil change this fall before you hit the trail, check the belt and track tension, look over the rear skid for any cracks or damage, mix a little sea foam in the gas and ride it...

Where are the two that swivel the steering from side to side. I am in the process of doing this right now, I already have 7 in the rear suspension and the two on the spindles going to the skis. Also Is there any on the drive sprocket shaft?

I didn't want to start another topic, so I decided to bring this one back from the dead.

Thanks A Lot,
pure

Lightning Strikes Rider said:
So far I found 7 grease fittings in the rear suspension. I think that's all of them.

;)! yep...7 in the rear suspension and 2 up front on spindles, don't forget the famous SPEEDO bearing, pull it out and either replace it with a new one or pop the seals clean it and repack it if its not PITTED with rust, spray a good quality lube on your front "A" arm bushings regularly during the riding season and all steering linkage, pitt arms and tie rods under air box and bushing behind chainecase, you should also take the bolts apart on front "A" arms at the spindle to grease bushings.

apltx08 said:
So far I found 7 grease fittings in the rear suspension. I think that's all of them.

;)! yep...7 in the rear suspension and 2 up front on spindles, don't forget the famous SPEEDO bearing, pull it out and either replace it with a new one or pop the seals clean it and repack it if its not PITTED with rust, spray a good quality lube on your front "A" arm bushings regularly during the riding season and all steering linkage, pitt arms and tie rods under air box and bushing behind chainecase, you should also take the bolts apart on front "A" arms at the spindle to grease bushings.

THIS IS VERY VERY IMPORTANT.....got left on the trailon our Gaspe trip last year. Luckily there was a dealer really close who swapped it out for me in about 30 mins. Also took out the speed sensor and he had one in stock. At the begining of last season I remember saying to myself, that I really need to change it but.......obviously I forgot. The bearings were cheap compared to the tow.

I keep a spare bearing in my nose bag with tools to change it just in case...I've seen alot of guys stuck on trails.

Tycho998 said:
Just above where the ski bolts to the spindle.

Thats what I thought

apltx08 said:

I must of missed something but what is the problem with the speedo bearing and where is it?

Bump!

I just greased the front end, I did the two grease zerks and pulled the bolts out of the A arms and put some grease in there as well since there was very little.

What am I missing? What is the speedo bearing? What do I have to grease behind the chain case, how hard is it to do? Also what kind of spray lube do you suggest?

Thanks!
pure

I have about half a tube of Arctic Cat grease (white / tan color) from my old 2007 Arctic Cats (sold them for Yammies). Can this be used or what brand of Yamaha grease is needed?

I have been using a marine grade grease... works awesome.. obviously repells water and it lasts a season as well.

Back