• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Guys & Gals running ECP kit who are having mid-range bog

crashingsucks

People having the mid-range bog problem with this kit- I have a question? Has anyone thought about increasing there pilot jet size to remedy this problem? Think about this- the stock main jet size is 135 and the stock needle jet size is 17.5, when these jets are used togther in stock form the 17.5 needle jet creates smooth transition to the 135 main jet!! When you go to a higher flow rate (k&n/ ECP filter kit) you obviously need to increase jet size, hence the 165 main jets included with the kit ! When these are both used with a needle jet that is supposed to be used with a 135 main jet your not going to have a smooth transition in your fuel curve!! If you would increase your needle jet to lets say a 22.5, it should drastically improve your fuel circuit transition from the needle jets to the main jet system!! And should get rid of your mid range bog!! Don't forget there are other jets in the carbs besides the main jets which all work togher to create a smooth running combination!!!!! Som what do you guys including SUPERTUNER think of my idea??????

If you run the Yellow Spring or the Silver Spring there is no bog when the motor warms up. I've tried them all and I like the Silver the best...

--Buster696--

I am using the yellow springs ( I should have red or silver) and other than the annoying burble (which is gone now) it works great. All that being said, I think Mr. crashing sucks has an excellent point. It makes a lot of sense. I have felt there was an issue in the midrange but couldn't put my finger on it. This may be the answer?
I believe (I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth) Supertuner plans to do some mid range testing with his ECP filter kit soon. If all goes well he MAY have other needle combinations to test as well. We'll be watching to what Supertuner's take is on this. PB

I have Silver springs with ECP kit and have no Issues at all.
Runs spot on in every range.

Re: Guys & Gals running ECP kit who are having mid-range

crashingsucks said:
Som what do you guys including SUPERTUNER think of my idea??????

Your reasoning is very sound crashingsucks, but I'm afraid there aren't that many out there having this problem. Can't fix anything that isn't broken!

For the record, so far everyone that has installed our kit and had bad results has figured out that their problems were related to either something they did wrong or another malfunction. I don't want to have to tell you how many are out there running flawlessly but it would be too many to blame the kit on. Besides Midrange and upper midrange is where we HUGELY improve the powercurve.

Once again though, I like the way your thought process works. Conduct this on yours and let us all know how you do.

Cool wheelies RB! Can't do that without HP!

Freddie

Back