• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hand warmer issue "Check sharp hand guard bracket"

I have the klim gore tex togwotee gloves with the pull out liners, maybe give them a shot. I'm not saying my hands where on fire but they where comfortable.

Getting a pair of handlebar gauntlets today, so I can ride this weekend. I am hoping the new grip and elements are in soon. When they take off my stock left grip they should be able to tell me exactly what happened. This is what happened approx 2 weeks ago. I went to greenville Maine to do some riding and while on that trip my left grip stopped working while the machine was on and running pretty hard. We stopped and I turned off my machine. Then I restarted it and almost instantly the left grip was on fire and the right was working o.k.. (I had to turn off the grip because my hand was basically on fire through my coldwave gloves.) :dunno: I brought it to the dealer and they tested the handwarmer the yamaha tells them to do and it checked out good. They said no problem here? My 1st ride the handwarmer didn't work all day and thats why they are going to replace the grip and element on the left grip. I hope when I get it fixed it works like it supposed too.

My hand warmers do not work well either. Just left the dealer. He told me there is a fix from Yamaha. What is happening is when the warmers are on high, the voltage? drops and they do not get the voltage needed. The fix is a harness. Has anyone else head this?

Yeah, they used mine as the guinea pig to figure it out ! Yamaha said they received all kinds of complaints about the problem, but their's was fine. There were voltage spikes and drops all over the board when the mechanic tested mine, however, I still didn't hear a word back. Very interested to see what comes of this !

I reported this before the open bar cant handle the cold need to change to less resistance so more power goes to grips and the harder you ride the warmer you are

NHSLEDDER said:
My hand warmers do not work well either. Just left the dealer. He told me there is a fix from Yamaha. What is happening is when the warmers are on high, the voltage? drops and they do not get the voltage needed. The fix is a harness. Has anyone else head this?

There is a service bulletin out for cold grips on the Phazer. Make sure your dealer recognizes this difference. Mine didn’t until I pointed it out. Some folks are using this fix on the Nytro though. You can find their posts on the site.

I'm not sure that the whole problem is in the resistance side of the equation. I found that the voltage was very nearly constant (~5V) through the range offered by the switch. I expected the voltage to change from maybe 5V to about 14V as the switch was operated. It did go to zero at the off position, so they got that part right.

My sled is in the shop now for this problem. I'll post again if they find a Yamaha sponsored solution for the Nytro. Until then, those little chemical hand warmers work great if you put them over the heal of your palm, near your wrist.

I don't know if this makes any sense.. but I noticed my bars are warmer at 3/4 setting then on full. I think its combination of alot of things.. poor grip design and not enough power going to them.

NyTrOMaNIaC said:
Yeah, they used mine as the guinea pig to figure it out ! Yamaha said they received all kinds of complaints about the problem, but their's was fine. There were voltage spikes and drops all over the board when the mechanic tested mine, however, I still didn't hear a word back. Very interested to see what comes of this !

Sounds like a bad CDI box.

My bars work... if its colder then -10 forget it.

Back