• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Handguards, Mirrors, Low Windshield

Re: Mirrors

jmahler said:
Watch for low lying bridges with those mirrors.....

i guess you can't please everybody RX-1 Yamaholic. :moon: i think your sled looks awesome. nice job with everything. ;)! :yam:

Re: Mirrors

jmahler said:
Watch for low lying bridges with those mirrors.....

Hey Jmahler :moon:
I have a few choice words for you, but I would have to post them in the adult section and you probably aren't old enough to get in that forum.... :moon:

Your right the guard does take some of the wind off the bars but again/ the mirror attached directly to the handlebar acts just like a radiator and robs a lot of heat/ I've attached pics before/ let's see if I can remember what I thought I once I didn't know/later

Low lying mirrors

I guess it is a little too hot in Maine these days RX1 Yamaholic...

And YES that sled looks very cool. Keep up the awesome work!!!!

I am looking for a good set of mirrors. I am just a little bit hesitant because they look like the might be taken out by a branch on the side of the trail. I live in CT and ride Vermont most weekends where you MUST hug the side of the trail so you don't get taken out by a weekend warrior! I do ride Northern Maine 2 weeks a year and it is Awesome! That setup would work there. I am just coming off a 02 Viper and like the mirrors because they don't stick out.
I wish Yamaha would come out with something like them for the RX.

Jmahler

jim-bob said:
I've attached pics before/ let's see if I can remember what I thought I once I didn't know/later

Thanks for posting your pixs, Your machine looks awesome!!!! :pics:

jim-bob said:
right the guard does take some of the wind off the bars but again/ the mirror attached directly to the handlebar acts just like a radiator and robs a lot of heat

I have been thinking about your theory and I believe it might be flawed. If the hand warmers were the old style that slid into the hole of the bars and heated up the metal inside which transfered the heat to the grips your theory of radiating cold might be correct, but the RX-1 have the heated grips which do not heat up the bar just the grip and therefore the radiating cold should not effect it as drastically as you say.
:rocks:

Anyways this post should help give people some different ideas for mirrors and maybe think outside the box..... :4STroke:

Theory!!! No-No-No/ you misunderstand/ I had the mirror on the bars/ at first I thought I was my imagination/ so I switched it from left to right and guess what???now the warm hand turned cold and the cold hand turned warm/ the covers fit fine/ the mirror does not stick out far enough to bother /about 2 inches further than the end of the handle bar/ and because it's a bicycle mirror it will FLEX if hit/ look at the second pic/ see the yellow thingy at the base of the mirror? thats a thumb set screw that will rachet ( give ) if hit with force/ later

jim-bob, I like your setup. Guards look good and the Mirror doesn't make your sled look like it needs tassles coming from the handle bar ends. No offense RX-1Yamaholic 8)

jim-bob said:
Theory!!! No-No-No/ you misunderstand/ I had the mirror on the bars

I guess I misunderstood your previous posts.
;)!
So how cold did the grips get when you had the mirror on?

Back