• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Handle bar risers? Opinions?

I am running a PowerMadd pivot adapter and 6 in riser and its just 34 in from the footwell to the bars. I run straight Cat snopro bars, and a BOSS highrise seat. Ergos feel just like a Nytro.

Thanks for the link BlgsRX-1mtn ;)!

The fly riser looks real solid and great in black but I was wondering on your set-up did you have to use the 3/4 block from MPI? Is there enough clearance around the tank trim without the block for the adapter/riser?

NY Nytro, if the fly adaptor is anything like the powermad version it requires drilling the steering post T and needs nuts to hold it in place. With the yamaha block and a Rox adapter (just a 6 inch 7/8 knurled tube), it would be a little easier to go back stock if the need arise. Plus the stock blocks look like a 1/2 inch + the 7 inch fly riser should be real close to stock height but vertical/forward. :Rockon:

7 skulls:

I looked up the riser set-up on the Yamaha parts finder, and it seems to show just what we need. It's listed under part no. 8GF-2381T-10-00, and it's called BRKT 20. The part is a mounting block that goes on the end of the steering post and allows the riser/bars to pivot forward. I found it under the Nytro ER part listings. Have you looked at this before, and if so, is this the part you refer to in your earlier post as being from the Vector Mountain, and costing $200? I'm not sure if you've gone down this road before, but I thought I'd let you know anyway.

7 skulls said:
Thanks for the link BlgsRX-1mtn ;)!

The fly riser looks real solid and great in black but I was wondering on your set-up did you have to use the 3/4 block from MPI? Is there enough clearance around the tank trim without the block for the adapter/riser?

NY Nytro, if the fly adaptor is anything like the powermad version it requires drilling the steering post T and needs nuts to hold it in place. With the yamaha block and a Rox adapter (just a 6 inch 7/8 knurled tube), it would be a little easier to go back stock if the need arise. Plus the stock blocks look like a 1/2 inch + the 7 inch fly riser should be real close to stock height but vertical/forward. :Rockon:

It looks like the Fly base mounts using the existing holes in the stock base. At $16.95 it's cheap, but the Vector base is only like $29. Maybe they have a support number.

stumper said:
7 skulls:

I looked up the riser set-up on the Yamaha parts finder, and it seems to show just what we need. It's listed under part no. 8GF-2381T-10-00, and it's called BRKT 20. The part is a mounting block that goes on the end of the steering post and allows the riser/bars to pivot forward. I found it under the Nytro ER part listings. Have you looked at this before, and if so, is this the part you refer to in your earlier post as being from the Vector Mountain, and costing $200? I'm not sure if you've gone down this road before, but I thought I'd let you know anyway.

Yup, that's the part. Sorry, I should have posted the part number. That's the stock piece common to Vector Mountain SE and the Nytros. Dealer quoted me in the neighbourhood of $200 Can. The drawings just make it look like it would bring the riser to vertical.
Thanks for the tip ;)! Glad there's another Nytro owner who thinks those bars are back too far. That or the seat is too short. :drink:

NY Nytro there's an email link on the fly website once you click contact us. Its down at the bottom of the page along with their phone numbers.
The fly adaptor doesn't look like it gives much additional lift. Clearance for the new risers around the tank trim might be tight.
A stock lower block, Rox 7/8 adaptor tube and 7 inch Fly risers looks like a good set-up. IMO barring any clearance issues.

7 skulls, sorry I didn't notice the question you posted to me :o| . I didn 't need the MPI block. I used it because I had it. I started with just the 3/4" riser stock bars first year which was too short. I then added the Sportech 2" Articulatin Bar Riser to that (still too short). Finally I just broke down and ordered an all new Fly setup and only regret not doing it sooner. I didn't need to buy their pivot because of the Sportech 2" ABR purchase in '04/'05

Jim

Back