• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Handlebar Riser on Attak

2BLUE4U

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Just wondering if a 1" or 2" riser on the Attak would screw up the rider forward ergos? I'm about 6'-3" and would need about a 1" or 2" riser for perfect stand up riding. I don't want to screw up the ergos when sitting. Also, can you add a block with the new bars or do you have to replace the whole thing?

I dont know if you can add a block on to another block, it wont ruin the riding ergos they say the mtn sleds have the rider forward and there risers are much bigger

When I sat on the Attak at the show, I thought it would be perfect for someone under 6'-0".

I'M 6' AND WHEN MY ATTAK COMES IN I WILL ORDER THE RISER OFF THE MOUNTAIN SLED-IT SIT'S PERFECT FOR MY HEIGHT

NRYAMAHA said:
I'M 6' AND WHEN MY ATTAK COMES IN I WILL ORDER THE RISER OFF THE MOUNTAIN SLED-IT SIT'S PERFECT FOR MY HEIGHT

hmmmmm, about 6'2" here and the Apex will likely be the first Yamaha I wont put a riser on. I sat on an Apex Mountain back in March ant the riser is a good 2 inches or so taller. As I remember, it blocked the gauges, didnt it?

06_smb_apexMTN_blu_HndlBrs_1478.jpg

Sat on both of them and rode both of them, mountain sled is just like sitting on my quad

Sat on both of them and rode both of them, mountain sled is just like sitting on my quad

I should have been more clear, what I meant was do you have gauges on your quad to even have to worry about seeing?

I am 6-5" and I can grab the bars on the Mtn Apex with out having to bend over. Gauges, never bothered to look for em' cause if I am looking for them, I won't be looking at the tree in front of me.

I'm 6" 1', I thought they were perfect 4 me. If you go 2 raise them U might have 2 watch the lenghts of the cables. Going 2" higher might just put a load on the cables & have an effect on the sleds operation.

Just a thought, as I've seen that on some of the other sleds that lifted their bars. I'm not sure if Yamaha has given a little more slack on these, I kinda doubt it.............but I could B wrong on this.

I don't think it will screw up the rider forward egros. You may have to replace the whole thing. Adding risers on risers could cause some deflection.

I can see where a mountain rider wouldn't be so concerned about looking at the gauge but I'm sure a trail rider will want to see it :ORC

Back