• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Handling, manueverability, for light riders ?

Goddo

Expert
I had a few buddies try my Nytro (short rides) this past weekend. Both were really impressed with the power. One guy goes about 260 and had no problem getting the Nytro up on one ski and doing power turns, carving, etc.

The other guy goes about 170, and he loved the power of the sled, but said that he found it very difficult to get the sled over compared to his crossfire. I never took the chance to ride his X-fire, but I'll be testing this next time we ride together.

I go about 235 without gear, and I have absolutely no problem getting this sled to do what I want.

I was wondering what/how lighter riders are finding the Nytro? Do you have any trouble getting the sled over, side-hilling, etc ?

your light friend is right! I noticed this sled is very hard to pull over to carve with. It really fights the motion alot, way more then rev, cats.

It has a strange balance, I found that if you pull it over to the point u feel like it should roll over and get stuck it seems to find a good balance point and carve around perfect.

I want to remove my sway bars and see how it is.

if you stand up it will carve nicely with the wide running boards for footing. The only thing with carving is the tunnel is so close to the ground as its so tall.

Goddo: You ride a short-track FX Nytro correct?

I have the standard short-track version and I only weigh 140 pounds. I'm a pretty skinny guy. I have no trouble with this sled in the overall aspect of riding it. I'm sure having it set up correctly has helped me a lot.

When it comes to carving it though, I have been in 3-4 feet of fresh powder and it was still difficult for me to carve. I partly think it's because I'm not a great carver in the first place, but also, I think since it is a short-track it is going to be a bit more difficult than a long-track.

I was also thinking that the steering post being angled in the position that it is, being so different than anything I ever rode previously, was adding to the difficulty.

I have been able to lay down some decent carves, but for the most part it's tough. As long as I can create little carves to miss trees while boondocking at about 30mph then I'm happy :)

Have Fun,
Will

I'm starting to think there is something to what my friend said. The lighter riders are having a harder time maneuvering the sled. Mainly with getting the sled over to carve or power turn or side-hill. Maybe I better get off this diet LOL.

Thanks for the info guys. If anyone else wants to add to this thread, please feel free.

Back