• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hard clutch engagement?

grossman

Pro
Is it normal for the RX1 to have a strong clutch engagement? I can't seem to get it to take off at a slow smooth pace. For example, edging up to a road crossing. It seems as soon as I hit that engagement RPM it slams in. It's like being in a stick shift with somebody learning how to drive it.

On our Doo and any other sled I've driven it's a slow smooth engagement.

Just wondering if this is normal for a yammy 4-stroke. It's my first year with the sled so I don't have anything to compare it to. It's a brand new Ultimax XS belt on it, so maybe it's not slipping at all?

Anyway, not too big of a deal. Sled hauls like a Mofo. Love it. :4STroke:

It's possible that you have some kind of a clutch kit in there and not even know. Or it might require some service, like broken cam sliders causing it to hang up.

Take apart the clutches, inspect them and note the spring colours, clutch weights and secondary spring setting. Wash all the parts thoroughly, including the belt.

Check chaincase fluid and set chain tension.

Throw it all back together and see if there is an improvement.

It might also be time to install new clutch springs. They could be original and sacked out.

engagment

remove the front clutch cover inspect and clean mine engages at 4500 but smooth its hanging up for some reason inspect weightd also to make sure no flat spots

I cleaned out the clutch. Compressed air and brake cleaner. The primary was much more dirty then I thought by looking at it. Pretty sure I have cancer now.

Anyway, it's better now. Engages much smoother, still has a kick but it's better.

Thanks guys.

Back