• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Has Anyone Installed GYT-R Clickers on an '03 RX1

CanadianRX1

I had posted this question in another section on the site, but did not get any replies.

I got a pair of GYT-R clickers that came off an Apex. When I put the OEM and GYT-R clicker shock side-by-side, the GYT-R was about an inch shorter.

When I installed the GYT-R clickers on my machine I had to turn the dampening control 180 degrees (away from the ski spindle) as there was very little clearance the other way around. The clearane at the compression control area seems to be okay.

I am interested in hearing from others who have installed these shocks on their '03s and what their experience was. Any other ideas or suggestions would be great, too.

Thanks!

apex and rx1 shocks are not interchangeable.

Rx1 and warrior are the same then

apex, attack, nitro, rage, vector, venture are the same, you can't mix the 2, as you stated the apex etc shocks are about 1.5 inches shorter.

They DO bolt up therefore they ARE interchangeable. However with that being said the are not equal in length. They will lower the front of your sled about 1.5". They will offer better handling due to lowering the center of gravity. I have several riding partners that have sent thier stock front RX shocks to get a 1" slug installed to lower the front. Can't see why the GYT's would not work equally as well.

Spark plugs of the wrong heat range will "bolt up" as well, maybe get a set of those too.

ski said:
Spark plugs of the wrong heat range will "bolt up" as well, maybe get a set of those too.

You missed the point. :ORC

rxwhopper said:
i have them on mine but i matched them with a vectoer front

That would be my choice. I was going to do the same on mine, but I already have Ohlins.

CanadianRX1 said:
I had posted this question in another section on the site, but did not get any replies.

I got a pair of GYT-R clickers that came off an Apex. When I put the OEM and GYT-R clicker shock side-by-side, the GYT-R was about an inch shorter.

When I installed the GYT-R clickers on my machine I had to turn the dampening control 180 degrees (away from the ski spindle) as there was very little clearance the other way around. The clearane at the compression control area seems to be okay.

I am interested in hearing from others who have installed these shocks on their '03s and what their experience was. Any other ideas or suggestions would be great, too.

Thanks!

Few things you should check if your going to run the shorter shocks.

Measure the shaft travel of each shocks.(distance the shaft can travel measured from bottom of rubber bumper to bottom of shock body with shock fully extended)you dont need to pull springs off.Subtract shaft travel from shorter shocks center to center,this is your collapsed length.Now with shocks off the sled collapse the front end and make shure the suspension can be collapsed far enough that the measurment of the new shocks collapsed length can be achieved without binding the tie rods or having the belly pan smashing into the ground.

Id hate to see you snap off your tie rods if you hit a really hard bump or smash the bottom of your belly pan in.

You also loose over an inch of ski "drop out" when installing shorter shocks, something the RX1 needs... ever try and steer it when under part throttle and find the skis still not quite on the ground? This will make it worse.

The correct way is to do as RXwhopper suggested and use a vector front end to match them up properly.

or better yet use the wide kit from pioneer and use rx1 shocks, I know you wanted the clicker but they are just not setup for the RX1 geometery.

As Maddog said they will "fit" but I don't think they are a sound choice ... just my opinion

Thanks everyone for all your great feedback. I guess I will have to take a look at my options and go from there, though it sounds like the old shocks will be going back on the machine.

rxwhopper: About much did it cost you for the Vector front end? Did everything bolt right up or did you have to make some modifications?

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all of you!

one front end mod ive been looking into is cutting the spindles. the 03-05 rx1 spindle is 5/8inches longer than the vector/apex spindle. cutting this amount off the bottom of the spindle housing and using a vector spindle will lower front end 5/8 inches. i checked lower shock mount distance to the floor on the apex and rx1, and this mod will still give the rx as much clearance as the apex. i dont see any change in geometry to the front end, just it all drops 5/8 inches. im also not sure how much handling would improve with a small drop like this, but its in the right direction. the spindles are 70 bucks each u.s., so this is so far a 140.00 untested mod. is it worth it?

Back