• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Has anyone raced an 800r?

unpride said:
Some people are trail racers some like the boring lakes where you can just sit there and give it gas forr 660' and be done. The 800r or Nytro werent meant for this and they should be taken to the bonbed out trail where they belong. Now thats a race varying conditions tight turns and bumps. You dont need a new 10,000 sled to go fast you could go just as fast if not faster on a modded older sled. This whole drag race thing is just to me very boring to me and not what these 2 were designed for. Obviously the Nytro would eat an 800R in the junk the thing will fall apart!
lets not trun this into a bashing thread this is about a drag raceing and the hard core guys who like to go fast

If you consider hardcore going down and back on a lake your definition of hardcore it is very much wrong. Hardcore riders just love to ride in anything bumps,ditches,water, the occasional mud crossing. This 660,1000 ft thing is just borind. What the hell do you even need suspension for if thats what you ride?

unpride said:
If you consider hardcore going down and back on a lake your definition of hardcore it is very much wrong. Hardcore riders just love to ride in anything bumps,ditches,water, the occasional mud crossing. This 660,1000 ft thing is just borind. What the hell do you even need suspension for if thats what you ride?
unpride start a thread in general talk about hard core riding I am enjoying talking to these guys about drag racing and what everybody think and i do not what to see this thread get shut down.

unpride said:

You need to start a sno-x thread...lol

Some of us hard core riders are also hard core drag racers.....

unpride said:

Who are you to decide what "hardcore" is? If that's what he thinks "hardcore" is, that's his opinion. If you think it's boring, that's your opinion; he is not "wrong". Furthermore, some lake racers are running 300+ hp and doing over 130 mph. That's plenty "hardcore".

No hard feeling Im just not fond of the 1 guy on here hes always stalking me down. Sorry but when im older and have more knee replacements and metal throughout my body ill be right next to you guys with some supercharged lake racer too :nos

unpride said:
No hard feeling Im just not fond of the 1 guy on here hes always stalking me down. Sorry but when im older and have more knee replacements and metal throughout my body ill be right next to you guys with some supercharged lake racer too :nos

No hard feelings. To each their own. :rocks:

Yeah, so there!!! :tg:

There is no way in Hell this would end like this over on HCS! Thats what makes this site the Best WebSite on the Net!!

Thanks MrSled for all that you do!

660'

None of you know why they satrted the 660'????

Becuase when the manufacturers dropped the triples....all the *NEW* awsome powerful, torquey twins were getting their asses whopped by 5 year old tripples.
A twin cannot run with a Tripple in the 1/4.
How does that make these new twins look????. How can you hype *New Twin Technology* in advertising when they don't win any races.

So...what to do??? Change the distance run. Give the advantage back to the Twin. Shorten the race so that Torque wins.
All the new Twins are winning races now and the manufacturers are happy.
What wins on sunday sells on monday....right?

Been reading this thread and was ready to inject some, uh-hum, moderating. Nice to see that I DIDN"T have to. Thanks for seeing the importance of what MrSled and the management team are trying to maintain. DEBATE is a wonderful thing, LOL. As long as we keep it there, this will continue to be one of the most respected info sites on the Web. Thanks again guys ;)!

NytroFever

Please take the time to fill out your location in your profile, site rules.

Thanks!

I can see your angle on the 660' but don't follow sled racing enough to know how much smoke you're blowing! :tg:

Crewchief47 said:
NytroFever

Please take the time to fill out your location in your profile, site rules.

Thanks!

DONE

I can see your angle on the 660' but don't follow sled racing enough to know how much smoke you're blowing! :tg:

I ended up buying a Polaris for this season :moon:
So I will smell like a chainsaw....Like Yamaha says :)

DoktorC said:
3 Polaris's?? :)

Crewchief, 660' racing has been around alot longer then the "new" twins...
he dose have a point the twins did have a advantage in a short race over the triples

i think it kind of opposite to day i think the HIGH HP 2 stroke have a disadvantage in a short race compare to the high TQ 4 stroke

Back