• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Has anyone changed their center shock?

Wow seriously? I had no idea they were stopping production! How is that even possible, yamaha is a popular brand no?
As far as this goes, Yamaha quit manufacturing its own snowmobiles for a while now. Unless I am mistaken, the last couple of years the old delta-box chassis like our sleds is no longer produced. They may still manufacture a utility sled in Japan but not sure if that is still the case. They entered into an agreement with Artic Cat where they manufacture Yamaha's snowmobiles (ie. slap Yamaha emblems and such) and Yamaha supplies them with the 998T for their Thundercat.

@MitchRS, To some extent Yamaha will continue to offer parts for yours and mine and others snowmobiles but some items like decals do eventually become 'No Longer Available'. For the most part, you will still be able to order parts for your sled just as I can for my 03 RX-1 or my 89 Sno Scoot. The point I was trying to make is that it just seems more times than not, the part is no longer in stock in any US warehouse and has to come from Japan and we all know too well what a s@#! show the supply chain has been and still is.
As long as parts are available somewhere I'm happy lol but I do agree that supply has been rough

As far as this goes, Yamaha quit manufacturing its own snowmobiles for a while now. Unless I am mistaken, the last couple of years the old delta-box chassis like our sleds is no longer produced. They may still manufacture a utility sled in Japan but not sure if that is still the case. They entered into an agreement with Artic Cat where they manufacture Yamaha's snowmobiles (ie. slap Yamaha emblems and such) and Yamaha supplies them with the 998T for their Thundercat.

Good to know, It's still sad to see them pulling out in a sense.

Back