• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hauck GHT-R-DUN Kit??

dzglaser21

Veteran
Does anyone have experience with this kit. Looks to me as it might be worth it. But i have noticed that some people say you can and also can't run that exhaust on a studded sled. I'm running 144 down the center. Any advice, stories or input would be greatly appreciated. Also if any one knows the difference between the #3,#5,#6 clutch kits. Thanks in advance..

Derek

well my dad-username big-d has a lot of work done by haucks...he has the full exhaust, clutch, hauck ecp kit...and i dont know what else is included in the kit....but he runs studs and had the tunnel protectors on-a few scratches but not too many

I have the gyt-r-dun on my rx-1. I got the kit before last year and LOVE IT! I have the center studded also and haven't had any problems with it as long as you rivet slides to the already existing tunnel protection. That way the studs aren't long enough to reach the exhaust down the center. As far as the clutch kits...it comes with a #6 and that one is the most fully customizeable with different weights that are included.
:yam:

04yamaharx-1 said:
I have the gyt-r-dun on my rx-1. I got the kit before last year and LOVE IT! I have the center studded also and haven't had any problems with it as long as you rivet slides to the already existing tunnel protection. That way the studs aren't long enough to reach the exhaust down the center. As far as the clutch kits...it comes with a #6 and that one is the most fully customizeable with different weights that are included.
:yam:

Being that it is fully customizable does it make it a pain in the #*$&@ to setup??

To tell you the truth, I installed everything but the clutching... I let my dealer do the clutching...and so far so good...it got me past a piped, clutched, 800 H.O. last year...and the F7 wasn't even a contest! 132 on the dreammeter too! :yam:

Back