• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Heavy rider suspension options

wackmandoo

I use my 2010 SE 162 primarily for doubling up very big mountain terrain with ski/snowboard gear. Often the riders and gear weight exceeds 450lbs. The DPS film crew runs the EzRyde system but i haven't been able to get an opinion out of them.

Which rear suspension system would be the STRONGEST.?
STRONGER than the stock "Pro Mountain Air".?

I've been through the list; CR, Tsled, EzRyde, Kmod, RacersEdge...

I would like Strength, Travel, Tipped up rails, Adjustability.

I'm installing a 174 CE track.

Should i just extend the stock rails?

Thank you all for this forum, I've recently learned how grand it is!

I'm running the FAT BOY spring on my APEX MTN SE-stock otherwise. Use to be another guy on here that's from KLUKWAN area that was in to modds. Haven't heard fom him in a while.

David

wackmandoo, you could just send your shocks out (You have Fox Floats for shocks back there, right?) for stiffer valving and then just run higher air volume in your shocks.

Or if you have coil over shocks have them valved stiffer and put a heavier spring on them for the added weight of a second rider, gear, etc.

Or if flotation isn't an issue for you (it must not be if you have a second rider and gear) maybe use a utility sled?

By "STRONG" I mean least likely to break in the mountains of remote coastal alaska while hauling 450lbs up 3500+feet 20times a day.

I'm looking for advise from experienced riders with the strengths and weakness's of various mountain suspensions installed.

The factory guy in Anchorage tells me OEM is always going to last the longest and take the most abuse... That said maybe rail extensions, and a track are all in need.

Back