• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

heavy snow riding setting a code 13

dookiller

Finally got great snow conditions here in Saskatchewan. Close to 2 feet fresh powder. I put on about 8 miles and the engine began to sputter and noticed check engine and a code 13. Thanks to this site I found that it means Cylinder 1 intake air pressure sensor open or short circuit detected. Took the headlight and air box of to get at them and upon removing them i found moisture in the sensors where the rubber lines go in. I shook them vigorously and both of them had moisture in them. I have since left it for 2 days and installed everything last night. My question is how does the moisture get uphill through the hoses in a closed system and have I found my problem do you think? Haven't had a chance to ride yet. :4STroke:

reset check engine light

I started it up and it seems to run good in garage but check engine light is still flashing. Is there a way to reset the flashing code or will it do it by itself with time. Thanks guys in advance. I priced out a new sensor and they told me $195. I asked the partsman if he was trying to break me in for prison life or what :moon:

do you need this part number?

5PS-82380-00-00

i have two off of my phazer FX i would sell

Alot of the time it is the plug that goes into the iar box, look for a broken wire or burnt wire. Its what mine did. Sensor should not go bad.
The reason you could be getting moisture is from not having your cowling sealed up extra to keep snow out, Also large float plate helps. The snow gets in and melts witch steams and is sucked through air filter and filter gets saturated. Also you end up getting big ice block in stearing system that will slowly shove its way out the boots for stearing arms either poping them off or ripping them. Next time your out in deep snow pull off airbox cover and check filter, it's probably saturated. Be for you buy parts look at your wirers where it plugs into airbox for air presure sensor

Mine also had a broken wire at the #1 map sensor. The sheathing that supposed to protect the wires sawed right thru one of the wires in the harness for the map sensor. I mentioned this last year here

otter

Thanks for the reply guys I'll be checking the wires tonight as it still doing the same thing.

:-o It was the wires that were broke right flush with the plug on the harness. Must be from vibration or something. only 2900 km. Thanks again.

Back