• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

heckels

Runnings is not a yamaha dealer anymore. The place was up forsale.
I use North Country Yamaha in Tomahawk. Larry is great to deal with.

Rich

I just talked to my step father who lives in eagle river and he said alot and i mean alot of people are happy for this because they he been stabbed by them many times. I personally have never delt with them.

FLYBYU said:
I just talked to my step father who lives in eagle river and he said alot and i mean alot of people are happy for this because they he been stabbed by them many times. I personally have never delt with them.
I don't know if you are talking about heckels or runnings. I have never bought anything from them but I have had my machine serviced by them both many times. Heckels service department was the best. They charged a bit more than Runnings, so I took all my warranty problems in there and they were absoluty top notch and great to deal with. They would always call Yamaha and try to get as much as they could covered by warranty, Brian the head service guy always told me that they will always call Yamaha and see if they can get something covered because the worse they could say is no. Runnings was also great because he is or was such a small dealer and was just a guy you could trust. Also his service rates are pretty cheap compared to most dealers. I really hope Yamaha gets another dealer in Three Lakes or Eagle River, because it is going to be a pain for me to drive to Minocqua just to get a part or something covered under warranty. Plus with Eagle River being the snowmobile capital of the world and all, and having the races there every year, it is just a good location to have a dealership. Although apparently not a good enough spot with the closings.

this was about heckels. Those were his words. not mine. I don't bash. I hate to see a buisness go chapter 11. It's just a bad year for everybody. heck, i'm stealing the neighbors paper to use it for toilet paper. LOL Just kidding. I worked at another brand dealership and to get so many of one products, you have to so many of the others. 4 yrs. ago the owner called the manufacturer and said come get them. We had brand new sleds in the crates from 1997. Now every dealer to manufacturer deal is different, but this rep was really sticking it to him. they did end firing the rep. You don't think trackside would pick up yamaha there? Might be smart for them. Right at the track and on the main drag of town

MrSled said:
Heckels on Dubay has filed and closed for good.
I think the Lake Dubay dealership was Polaris anyways, so no big loss there.
I noticed that in recent years, even the Heckles in Eagle River started stock a lot more Polaris stuff and their used inventor tended to be a lot more Polaris sleds than Yamaha.

Heckles & Runnings both out of Yamaha business. Eagle River area needs Yamaha dealer too large a market to ingnor. Something has to give the sooner the better. Minocqua too darn far & not a large dealer either. Pat's best bet but far to Greenland MI from Eagle River.

Trackside does not want full line Yamaha dealership. Already has doo & poo. Would take huge floor plan payment & doo covers most bases for their market.

I would absolutly love if Sportmans service in Three Lakes picked up Yamaha, right now they are Cat and Polaris. Our family has been doing buisness with them forever, and they are super nice people. Plus I could drive my sled there in about 3 minutes. I doubt they will pick Yamaha up though.

Well here it is Shoeders Marine is now a Ranger, Stratos and Yamaha dealer. Stopped in there today to get some parts and that is what they told me. They are in Rhinelander, WI

Rich

I believe there is a Shoeders in Three Lakes as well, it is very small, right on big stone lake for those who know the area. It is about 2 miles from where I stay, I wonder if they will also be carrying Yamaha parts, or if they even have mechanics.

St Germain Sport Marine, and North Country in Tomahawk both sell Yamaha sleds, parts and accessories, so it seems to me the void left by Heckels is pretty well filled in the northwoods.
I wasnt aware that St Germain Sport Marine sold Yamaha sleds. I know they already rented Yamahas and you could buy some of the older rental sleds, but I was never aware they were a full-line Yamaha dealer.

St. Germaine told me they didn't order any sleds this year and did not sell any.

Anybody have any experience working with shoeders in Rhinelander. If so how is the service department? Are they helpful? Will they get you pack on the trail quickly? Rhinelander is slightly closer than minoqcua and I am wondering which dealer will be better to go to get me back on the trail the quickest if something goes wrong. Also any one have experiences with the dealer in Minoqcua?

Back