• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Helmet communicators

Vmax

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 Arctic Cat ZR 6000 El Tigre
What make and model do you use? I am looking to purchase a pair for me and my wife.
Thanks

I think that there have been some past threads if you search for them with full discussions of the various ones available. Personally, we switched to the UClear blue tooth communicators and we have been extremely happy with them. We went from the old style Collett communicators with a microphone boom to the UClears that have mics built into the speakers. They work very well as long as the riders in the group ride at the same speed. Because they are blue tooth, their range is somewhat limited, maybe a 1/4 mile. If you get separated from the other riders, it will disconnect. I ride with two buddies generally, and we are usually within sight of the rider ahead/behind us, and they have worked flawlessly. If we loose communication with a rider, we slow down until it is reestablished, or go back and check on them.

I found the old threads...….thanks

Had to wait until after Christmas to post this as I didn't want the gift ruined, but my group just got uClear Motion Infinities. Impressed with the audio quality in testing, but haven't had them on the trail yet. Will report back.

I did some research on the Lexin B4FM unit. Gets good reviews and is inexpensive compared to other manufactures.

Back