• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Helmet...Full Face...with Heated Shield & Visor

FrozenTows4

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 XF7000 Sold
2017 ZR6000RS
2018 ZR6000 El Tigre
YOUTUBE
FrozenTows1
Looking for experience with full face helmets, with heated shield and visor.
Or current helmets are Arctic TXI's

Pretty nice helmet, user friendly, seals great, quiet, and warm.
Looking for something comparable and perhaps a little lighter.

Thought that I wanted a 509 Delta R3 or R4. But the reviews are less than stellar.
Cold, drafty, cords falling out, drop down sun visor fogging or freezing, etc.

For those that Use this style helmet, would you buy the one that you have again?
If not, why?

Not interested in modular helmets or wearing googles.
The drop down sun shield is not a deal breaker.
509 & others have amber heated shields that could be used all the time anyway.
Having the visor is a must. Driving directly into the sun is not a problem with a visor.

Any input, likes or dis-likes, would be greatly appreciated.

I have 2 GMAX GM11 with heated shields and a Bell MX-9 (got it for a steal on sale for $130 CDN) with heated shield. I have worn them both at -30C with no problems. I prefer the GM11 - it fits me a little better. But you can't go wrong with either one.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_4031.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4031.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 161
  • -44859227479673052390.0.jpg
    -44859227479673052390.0.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 316
Looking for experience with full face helmets, with heated shield and visor.
Or current helmets are Arctic TXI's

Pretty nice helmet, user friendly, seals great, quiet, and warm.
Looking for something comparable and perhaps a little lighter.

Thought that I wanted a 509 Delta R3 or R4. But the reviews are less than stellar.
Cold, drafty, cords falling out, drop down sun visor fogging or freezing, etc.

For those that Use this style helmet, would you buy the one that you have again?
If not, why?

Not interested in modular helmets or wearing googles.
The drop down sun shield is not a deal breaker.
509 & others have amber heated shields that could be used all the time anyway.
Having the visor is a must. Driving directly into the sun is not a problem with a visor.

Any input, likes or dis-likes, would be greatly appreciated.

I used to always wear an open face HJC with goggles. Bright Yellow. She would say it does not match your sled. I did not care because I knew people could see me coming. Got her a Ski doo BV2S Modular heated shield. When she got the first Vector. When I got my Vector I started using her old Cat TXI helmet heated shield. I like it and will keep using it until I can upgrade. And it's Arctic Cat chameleon changes colors. Don't care it's comfortable and warm.

Search for a thread on the 509 delta R3. I have it. It's ok but would I get it again? Maybe not. I mostly miss the modular. Heated Visor works fine.

I have the Bell MX 9 with the heated shield. It’s comfortable warm and allows for descent vision. My only gripe is it’s a bit noisy at high speeds on a lake or rail grade. It’s wind noise mostly from the visor. It’s quieter if you take it off but I like it for the sunny days. I mostly trail ride so not to big of an issue for me.

Back