• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Helmet Speakers!

Deeppow16

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Arctic Cat M8000
2009 Yamaha Nytro MTX (Totaled)
2002 Polaris 600 XCSP (Sold)
1999 Ski-doo Formula 500 (Totaled)
Are they any guys that listen to music while they are riding? If so, what do you use for speakers in your helmet?

My wife and I use the iPhone earbuds. Not ideal by any means. Sometimes they do hurt my ears. But they work ok.

I have a few sets of Sena S20 helmet to helmet communicators. In my snowmobile helmet music is awesome. In my half lid quad helmet I can hear well but not like in my sled lid.

love my Uclear in helmet communicator for speakers. Rock makes Trail Jamz awesome set up.

rocks trail jams are good if you want just music. i used a set before i got into helmet comunicators. i use scala rider in my bike and sled helmets. could use an amp on the bike but on the sled it is fine.

i use scala rider in my bike and sled helmets. could use an amp on the bike but on the sled it is fine.

I also use Scala Rider communicators and listen to music while riding. One of the things I like about them is the fact that I can control the volume, pause, resume and even skip forward or back a song via the headset controller.

Thanks for all the comments. I would just be listening to music so I don't need the communicators.

If that's the case, then you might want to look at some blue tooth wireless earbuds. At least going that route, you could use them more than just for riding versus just getting helmet speakers. Before getting the communicators, I would always use the wired head phones to listen to music. What I found to counter the discomfort of the helmet pressing on the L-shaped ear piece was to rotate the ear piece so that instead of the stem of the ear piece pointing down, it was pointing up. I would then just loop the wire down the backside of my ear lope. By having the stem of the ear piece positioned like this, it alleviated the pressure on the earlobe caused by the helmet pressing against it since the stem is now positioned in the ear canal rather than down the ear lobe. Here's a pic to help convey what I'm saying.
Example.JPG

Rockmeister has new communicators that are only a few $ more than his trail jamz. Got to see them at the Big East show in Syracuse. Nice product.

I have basic helmet speakers with bass boost for low end. Have them mounted in the ear holes of the helmet with the female jack mounted to the left side bottom. This way I can use a male to male jacks with volume control right by my chin strap. Works with IPod or phone and can easily control the volume when you stop trailside to talk.

If you don't mind wearing ear buds, Bose active noise cancelling ear buds work well. The active noise cancelling even cancels out most of the low frequency exhaust drone.
The draw back is they are fairly expensive at around $300

Last edited:
I play music on sled & bike via my I-pod. It helps me concentrate or i start to daydream. I prefer ear buds over speakers so it drowns out surrounding sound & really lets the music be crystal clear. Some come with noise reduction that AMAZINGLY block out ALL the outside annoying noises, but can be very expensive. I use small squishy buds that fit into ear & cable loops over ears. I have a control button on wire that i place right near my face so i can pop open my mask & adjust or turn off to talk to people. Then my cable runs down my jacket to internal pocket. The blue tooth models are very good, but drains battery a little quicker & not sure how long batteries last & i ride ALL freakin' day. Some buds can run $500, but i found the $20 to $40 range work excellent. Once you start riding with music, you'll never ride without again. I've turned many & lost NONE.

P.S. 1 They say music calms the Savage Beast. Unless you listen to DISTURBED....then i will pass you and you will not see me until some BEACH BOYS start to play

P.S. 2 Stay away from sad sappy songs while riding. Tears will freeze on your face...

Back