• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help: Do I stand a chance my 2007 RTX VS 2008 Skidoo 800 xp

THESE SLEDS ARE BOTH BONE STOCK.
Do I stand a chance against this new 2 smoker. My buddy just bought a new Xp and says he is going to kick my butt. I am not too worried on a long run I'll get him, but on the short run it be a challenge. Has anyone raced one and how did you do? I am studded 120 picks and he is unstudded as of yet. Please just facts. :die

My buddy with an 2007 Attak race the new 2008 XP 800 "X"

the Attak passed him like he was standing still....

BTW. My buddys Attak has an MCexpress Turbo....

The Apex beat the 800xp at the snow week shootoout bone stock so you should have a good chance. The FX Nytro was faster than the REv 800XP. Good Luck and let us know how it goes...

If you get the holeshot you'll beat him. If you spin like a madman he'll win. If you can get a bunch of practice starts in before the race, you'll be amazed at how much quicker you'll be out of the hole.
I try not to pin the throttle at the start, I use the throttle in two stages. I give it 3/4 gas until she hooks and then I pin it until victory.

Go to my site, http://www.campkevin.com/Snowmobile.html , I wrote a bunch about what makes my Apex GT fast.

DSC_1664%20(2).JPG

Good luck, and remember, practice makes perfect. Don't forget to post the results.

hey ape cool page,
why o why would you put that damn ugly sticker on such a beutiful tank???? is that where your state tells you to put their reg??? damn satanists!!! lol

Viperryder, I put the reg. sticker there so I can easily hide it with my knees if the need arises. I don't know where the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania wants it and frankly I don't care. Thanks for checking out my site.

Kevin

rapeape said:
If you get the holeshot you'll beat him. If you spin like a madman he'll win. If you can get a bunch of practice starts in before the race, you'll be amazed at how much quicker you'll be out of the hole.
I try not to pin the throttle at the start, I use the throttle in two stages. I give it 3/4 gas until she hooks and then I pin it until victory.

Go to my site, http://www.campkevin.com/Snowmobile.html , I wrote a bunch about what makes my Apex GT fast.

DSC_1664%20(2).JPG

Good luck, and remember, practice makes perfect. Don't forget to post the results.

Sweet Sled! I also purchase the 07 Apex GT and love it. After looking at your site it brought back memories of my 05 Rx-1 that was blue and white just like yours. I enjoyed the stuff you have on your site.

Take Care,

Brad

Hey Kevin! I'm just about done w/your old '06GT I bought wrecked. I re-painted the windshield to a gloss black and got a little hood scoop to hide the intercooler (Oops! Did I let it slip out that I put a turbo on it?) It's pretty awesome, although I only got one actual ride on it before the snow melted. Pulls like a mo-fo! Just putting around it is already at about 2psi boost, so there is no lack of acceleration the instant you hit the throttle! I'll send you some pics of it in a couple days. Marc. :Rockon:

Just an update. The showdown didn't happen, my buddy with the new XP was sick (and this without even racing the RTX...ha ha!) So we will have to take him on another day! Thanks for all your advice and thoughts guys! Will report back when it happens.

I have tried my buddies 800r against mine. First he had his well broke in, with the clicker set on 2, to my belief to improve performance.. My sled has a 23 gear and a few extra grams of weight on the tips of the stock ramps. it was on a plower road. We only tried from a rolling start. First time we were only going about 30 mph, I bolted out on him about 4-5 lenghs maybe, must be because of traction. He claims he was catching me on top, but who knows if he was. Second time we were going about 50 mph and tried it, we rolled about the same to about 80 and I gain about 1 foot and by 100 he gained it back and we went side by side up to about 110, witch was only a few seconds, and then we ran out of road. These speeds were shown by my speedo, that I have corrected with the pick up tooth cut off mod.
Two very close sleds. It surprized me, considering the over 100 pound weight difference and the supposeid few extra hp.

I ride with two guys that have the new 800R they weigh in at 160lbs and 185lbs in street clothes I go 280lbs. All sleds are bone stock with no studs. I pull them out of the hole and it takes them anywhere from 600-1000 feet to catch me. The 160lbs guy has alot better mid and top end then the 185lbs guy. Once out there 1500 feet no one is pulling on anyone. Best place to race them is on the hardest snow you can find. They are good running sled but given my weight disadvantage I am happy with how my sled performs.

Back