• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help engine stall!

Jord05

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 viper mtx162 mcx190 turbo
Hey new to the Yamaha seen been on Polaris my whole life but got sick of blowing up motors haha so traded my 2014 Polaris assault for a 2014 viper mtx with a mcx 190hp turbo on it, took it out for my first ride and noticed a couple things, first of all needs clutching hits the rev limiter very fast what would you recommend for the prairies, also I have to give the throttle a couple taps before going or it will stall for some reason what could cause that thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 191

Your throttle cable is too tight causing the TORS to kick in and kill the engine. There is a rubber boot zip tied to the handlebar riser under that is where to adjust the throttle cable. Just loosen it a couple times and it should fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would make sense since it has a handle bar riser on it I'll give it a try thanks!

What clutch kit does it have if you are running low elevation you might need weight across the board but heel weight will help the hitting the rev limiter on launch

At the moment I believe it's all stock clutching by the looks of it, I heard a 47 helix is good to run on them can anyone confirm that?

Back