• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help Getting New Vector Started; Priceless Moment

N'orEaster

Veteran
Nice New Leftover 05 RS Vector......................$6995

Taxes Paid.....................................................$450

Misc. Registration Fees....................................$100

New Covered Trailer.......................................$1900

Gas for @ hour drive to get Inaugural ride..........$60

looking at that nice sled sit on the trailer because the $%#^&@! thing wouldn't start.............................................PRICELESS :o|

Any Ideas Why?........

P.S. Pulled all the plugs.......were soaked
Clean lugs put in...same deal......lots of backfiring too.

Check for fuel delivery...was fine..(obviously by the looks of the gas soaked plugs)

Seems to be getting no spark.

PPS..THIS SLED HAS ZERO...YES THATS RIGHT....ZERO MILES ON IT!!!

Could someone please help me out with any advice...and also remind me of all the reasons i bought this sled in the first place???

Nothing worse than your Arctic Cat buddy seeing you struggle to get a BRAND new sled started to no avail as he whisks away into the woods...

If its something stupid that I am missing, please let me know....lol

Just a shot in the dark here.

Maybe it is possible that your floats in the carbs have stuck from trailering with more than a half a tank of gas in it. I have heard of this happening to others before. I believe the quick fix for that is new plugs and let sit for awhile before trying to start. Long range fix is to put some gas shut off valves in your gas lines between the tank and carbs for future trailering or trailer with the gas level low in the tank.

Good luck

Won't Start

When you get it statred, let your A/C buddy ride it for a while. Next time he will wait for you. :D

Put a new set of plugs in it. I dried mine last time and got it running but the backfiring and popping would not go away until I put new ones in.

Thanks for the suggestions guys...now that i have calmed down a bit from the initial frustration and had a chance to think about it, i think new plugs will be the way to go...but i will try all of the above. Initially I think what happened is listed in another post here. the one about having to change out the plugs already. While i was getting my crap together, my friend was starting mine. he told me he pulled open the choke all the way...turned the key...seemed to want to start but didn't...he shut the choke off and tried again, but nothing. I think he might have given it some throttle at the same time the choke was wide open...and proceeded to flood it. Can Vapor lock happen?

I have not heard any mention of the kill switch being checked. This can happen so easy! I don't use my kill switch but if you had a dealer load it he might have used the kill switch.

I don't think anything happens with the kill switch on... Zippo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Try the new plug idea first.. Good luck. MM.

Nothing happens if the kill switch is on. I think the key is someone other than yourself was trying to start your sled and flooded it. It is not a problematic sled and you will be very happy you bought it. It is very simple, pull the choke, turn the key, let it run until it starts to smooth out, back off the choke and let it warm up until the light goes out. Off to the trail.

Back