• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Spark plugs- help

Sevey

TY 4 Stroke God
Website
www.ty4stroke.com
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder RTX
What is the secret to get your plugs out?

I have the side of the sled open and can’t even get the first boot off. Before I break something thought I better seek help.

Is there some trick. Please don’t tell me the gas tank has to come out…..

Rotate coils back and forth to break them loose, then as rotating pull up on it, should come up off plug, if not i have pryed up with a small pry bar or srcrew driver VERY gently as im rotating coil. You do not need to remove gas tank...patience my friend.

AND, FYI, they do sell boot removal tools (<$20), I'm partial to Lisle specialty tools. myself. but they really target plug deep in the head

I
What is the secret to get your plugs out?

I have the side of the sled open and can’t even get the first boot off. Before I break something thought I better seek help.

Is there some trick. Please don’t tell me the gas tank has to come out…..
the gas tank doesn't need to come off. I find lifting the rubber off and around the lip on the valve cover massaging it helps free up the boot. Then like Fords4life said while lifting rotate back and forth round and round and patience it'll come up click by click.

Same as everyone who's posted. Rotate back and forth. Then while rotating back and forth, pull up hard right next to center not out on end where the connector is. I have had to use a small pry tool underneath the top while rotating back and forth.
Always apply silicone grease to outside of boot as well as the terminal hole before putting coils back on to make it much easier to remove them next time.

Managed to get them out. things were quite tight and i was concerned about breaking something.

Appreciate the comments, ended up using a long slotted screwdriver to help pry the cap upward.

First time they were out after 4 seasons.

Thanks all.
MS

Back