• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HELP: Schmidt Brothers Clutch install question

ray628

Extreme
Im working on the clutch kit right now and Schmidt brothers is not open or not answering the phone. Of course the sled is in a million pieces so I hope someone can help that has put on of these on.

My main question is to do with the fly weights. The directions say to drill the 3 rivets out to replace with his threaded rivets. There are 3 rivets in each fly weight and 3 flyweights. Do I drill all 3 rivets out of all 3 fly weights? 1 looks easy and the other 2 are more sturdy rivets in each fly weight. please help.

How many replacement rivets did they send you?

did you get stage 1 or what one did you get .... If it is stage 1 then you dont drill them all out just the one on the tip and replace that one ... not inless he sent you more rivits ....need to now what kit you got first

I got stage 2. he only sent me one threaded weight and said to install in the last hole. The directions says to remove flyweights and drill out all 3. There is where the confusion comes in. There are 3 weights and 3 rivets!! He only gave me 3 weights to put in the tips. I just drilled out 3 on one fly weight already!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

ray628 said:
I got stage 2. he only sent me one threaded weight and said to install in the last hole. The directions says to remove flyweights and drill out all 3. There is where the confusion comes in. There are 3 weights and 3 rivets!! He only gave me 3 weights to put in the tips. I just drilled out 3 on one fly weight already!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

With mine I got 6 of one type of nut and bolt and 3 of another for the tip

revster said:
ray628 said:

With mine I got 6 of one type of nut and bolt and 3 of another for the tip

X2 here!!!

Your choice, buck up for more rivets from schmidt or get stock replacements for the error and carry on with tips only. I know it sucks!

We the instructions said to take out all 3 rivets. This is bs. I need to call them monday. The first rivet was easy and then the others were difficult. i got one with all 3 rivets out, one partially drilled out because they are a bitch and one with just the first one out. I even cut my hand open while trying to pry the little f'er's out!

ray628 said:
We the instructions said to take out all 3 rivets. This is bs. I need to call them monday. The first rivet was easy and then the others were difficult. i got one with all 3 rivets out, one partially drilled out because they are a bitch and one with just the first one out. I even cut my hand open while trying to pry the little f'er's out!

Chris is a good dude, if you are missing a baggie of weights from you kit he will get them out to you ASAP.

revster said:
ray628 said:

Chris is a good dude, if you are missing a baggie of weights from you kit he will get them out to you ASAP.

Call Chris Monday and he'll help you fix the issue and it is worth the wait.....

Not to be a smart arse, but I think Chris only charges $25 to do the install at his shop. Worth the hassle?

Dave

I live in chicago and its said to be easy. Not difficult except for drilling out a few of the weights and directions are a little fuzzy.

ray628 said:
I live in chicago and its said to be easy. Not difficult except for drilling out a few of the weights and directions are a little fuzzy.
yes they are very fuzzy.. my bro inlaw just put one on his

Back