• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help with 14 viper SRV10LS

Yamaha81

Country
USA
Snowmobile
14 Yamaha Viper
Help with my 2014 Viper

I feel like my front skis aren’t sticking on the viper compared to my buddy’s Skidoo. Any reasons for this? Also I think I need to replace my exhaust, starting to get loud and rattling. Any recommendations on what to replace it with that will fit and I won’t have to have anything adjusted for it to work?

Thanks

Any muffler will bolt on with no modifications needed. With that said most aftermarket mufflers will be louder than stock. You can try Barn of Parts for a stock exhaust, he should have one. I put a trail muffler on mine from Schmidt Bros, it's just slightly louder than stock and not obnoxious. With your ski issue I think we are going to need a little more info...at least I'm not understanding what sticking means.

Denny.. Thanks for responding
Ok I’ll check on Schmidt bros to see what they have.
When I turn I feel like my sled is sliding and not turning as well as it should.

Ok.... so what ski are you using? What carbide are you running? Do you have light steering? Need more info to help you out.

Not sure what skis are on the sled. I just bought it last year. I only really rode it 1 weekend last winter. The steering seems kind of light to normal. I did have it serviced after I bought it and the service guy said the carbides were in good shape. Do you recommend certain carbides? Certain skis? Before this I was riding an 06 Apex, the viper is definitely a little easier/lighter to ride but I do miss the power of the apex

What model Viper do you have?

The tag on the sled says SRV10LS
I’m assuming this is the model?

It is or more known as LTX SE. Well, it could be a lot of things going on. First thing is the front shocks are Fox air shock. Do they compress any when you push down on the front bumper or does the bumper start to bend? They are known for being harsh, unpredictable, impossible to set air pressure and just darn stiff. We have the same sled in our group, and I believe the limiter straps are set too long from the OEM. I would pull them up a hole or 2, that will put a little more pressure on the front skis. Make sure to take some preload out of the center shock spring when pulling the limiter straps tighter. Steering may become a little harder doing this but if those shocks are seized up none of this will make any difference. So let's start with those shocks. Find out what's going on with them.

Ok awesome! I check that on Saturday to make sure they aren’t seized up. Pretty sure the front shocks aren’t fox, I had those on my apex. These look just like spring shocks with an adjustment ring

Back