• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HELP with what i think is LOUDER exhaust

grumpysanta

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Just started 05 rx1 in garage after a 2oo km run on weekend which all went normal but now the exhaust seems louder near the rear . i have replaced the donuts in the last 2000 km.s DOES ANY ONE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM OR IDEAS I hope the donuts are ok . it was a pain to change

im in the middle of that same project as we speak for the first time,i tried to get a up-grade or something but came up empty,im going to grind some of that limiter off,and pray to the yammy gods cause that is a bitch! :o|

if you have to replace donuts up front on headers make shure the clamps get tight , you may have to grind the little pieces of the clamp that stop the clamp from tightening properly and check the Y pipe for cracks

i ground down the limiter,& coated the inside of the clamp with anti-seize & reinstalled,put on 267mi this past weekend...so far all is well,hope this helps :Rockon:

grumpysanta said:
Just started 05 rx1 in garage after a 2oo km run on weekend which all went normal but now the exhaust seems louder near the rear . i have replaced the donuts in the last 2000 km.s DOES ANY ONE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM OR IDEAS I hope the donuts are ok . it was a pain to change

My buddy's RX1 '05 had a simular problem and ended up being the muffler and header junction in the centre of the tunnel, it SAGGED cuz of lack of support and endded up KINKING the headers and CRACKING the exhaust flanges and had to replace the hole exhaust & header system :o|

Here's another post that talks about other issues on exhaust system, you'll see a couple of my post with links with pics of the added exhaust support on '08.
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

Back