• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

help

what do i need to do to make a 2005 rx1 sit like an apex... suspenion wise and bars i feel like im laying down when i ride my rx1 i also just bought a 2011 rtx phazer love this site thanks

couple things you can do is get an apex seat. it will bolt right on to your rx1, but the light you might have to switch out.
there is a big boy rear spring that will handle a little better on the bumps and sit you up a little higher.and you can buy some risers for the handle bars i like mine at 4 inches but everyone has different preferences

Do the seat, you will love it.

Attachments

• warrior (640x361).jpg
    warrior (640x361).jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 130
I did the seat on my 03 with a 2 inch riser block and it feels amazing, the only down fall is I catch a little more wind when sitting down but i'll take the colder face for the added comfort. It has been a rough start to winter for me, my 05 with a broken transfer rod and the 03 running on 2 cylinders, I'm hoping to have them both ready to go by the end of the weekend.

Apex seat mod is ;)!

Here is the Big Blue RX-1 next to a friends Apex. Mountain seat, five inch risers, mountain cables, big boy shock Hy Gear revalve equals RAPEX ;-). Handles a lot better too!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    265.1 KB · Views: 129
Mighty said:
Sled Dog said:
Yes I agree do the seat it is a great upgrade.
And Sled dogs air box mod :flag:

X2 and 3 and 4

Like stated in above posts the apex mountain seat is a bit firmer and if you are taller you will like it much better. I installed a mountain seat on my rx1 and it is more comfotable to ride than my wifes 06 attack because of the softer seat on the attack. I am 6'1" and all I used was a 2" riser increase and it is plenty comfotable. I am a sit down rider but If you stand up to ride, you will want a taller riser. With the 2" riser you can keep the stock throttle and brake cable, any longer you will have to get longer cables. Hope this helps

Seat comparison
RX1 stock in foreground
Apex in the background

Attachments

• Snowmobiles_079.JPG
    Snowmobiles_079.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 125

Back