• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

here is best mod to be quicker on the trail

As someone who ran Simmons for 13,000 miles I have to say that the ski works well on hardpack if shimmed, absolute nightmare if unshimmed, good floatation off trail but fresh powder makes em push. Hard fresh frozen trail they dig in and steering effort goes up, slightly chewed trail is best. Having switched to snowtrackers on stockers after trying Curve ski's all I can say is wish that snowtrackers had been my first choice. I loved the curves for off trail and cornering with their lack of darting but my bad shoulders and elbows wanted easyier steering. Snowtrackers gave me the best of all worlds. Only thing I would change is mountain ski's with snowtrackers so I had floatation off trail.

The Doo guys I run with seem to like the Pilots better then the Simmons knock offs.

If u have em sitting there maybe try em. but i doubt there much difference to the Simmons. after all i get the impression Simmons developed it anyway. hope that helps. i know i can keep up with guys i couldn't before and it has nothing to do with my clutch, air box, suspension re valve, exhaust, fuel tuning, etc mods. I've done so many i forget lol. skis were the best improvement so far. unless u are a lake runner then forget what I've said. lol

I am willing to bet the precision handle a little different from the simmons.
On bergstroms website he has pictures and measurements of both the ski bottoms side by side.
The precision have what appears to be a deeper more u shaped tunnel to them. The simmons have a shallow flatter tunnel.
They also have a different carbide spacing.
I will most likely give the precision skis a try at some point.
I also saw some pics of cobraheads installed on the precision skis as a third carbide. Very very interesting.
I now own a 14 viper so the apex is my spare/backup sled, but i am always looking to get my stuff to perform the best it can.
Thanks for the reply and info

Another great CHEAP mod like the skis is the ulmer air box. but everyone knows that lol. i had my stock box on and did a couple drags with a buddy. pretty much dead even. then installed the air box on the side of the drag strip. same day same place beat hands down everytime by a sled length.

15 years ago I brought the simmons skis over to this side of the country.....they are remarkable for how they will make your apex feel ...stable..wide...flat footed handling...no darting..much better front end float in powder...but at a cost in top end and not the maximum carvability...but a fantastic all around ski...if max carving (trail speed) is in order...get a set of c&a razors and point and shoot...

U saying the c&a have better cornering and anti darting characteristics than the precisions? Hmmm I'm gonna have to do some research. i doubt i will switch for the cost. precision cheap cheap lol but i will consider it if there that much better

U saying the c&a have better cornering and anti darting characteristics than the precisions? Hmmm I'm gonna have to do some research. i doubt i will switch for the cost. precision cheap cheap lol but i will consider it if there that much better
Hi ebockus, I'm thinking about buying a set of precision skis with carbides on them already they have the bolts and the rubber bushing. I was curious do I need to change the rubber I thought I read somewhere you needed to get a different rubber for it to work. 07 Attak gt yamadoo

Hi ebockus, I'm thinking about buying a set of precision skis with carbides on them already they have the bolts and the rubber bushing. I was curious do I need to change the rubber I thought I read somewhere you needed to get a different rubber for it to work. 07 Attak gt yamadoo
ebockus rides a turbo Doo now, not likely to get a response from him. I’ve had the best luck with Snowtrackers on stock skis bolted to Deltabox sleds, and trust me, I’ve tried a ton of combos over the years.

ebockus rides a turbo Doo now, not likely to get a response from him. I’ve had the best luck with Snowtrackers on stock skis bolted to Deltabox sleds, and trust me, I’ve tried a ton of combos over the years.
Thanks, for the input but I'll try the precision skis. I have Simmons gen 3 on them now just wanna try narrower skis . These have good carbides on em so just spending a little more than buying carbides for my Simmons. Hear ya on the snowtrackers. But I'm moving on lol

I use C&A Pro XTX skis.

Works fine in my 2006 apex, last winter it was 129" with Lynx PPS skid and now it is 137"

Very steady and i can trust them when like to turn tight.

Attachments

• IMG_20220128_153555.jpg
    IMG_20220128_153555.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Back