• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Here is what I would like to see for 2013 yamaha

Loose about 50 lbs. or so, and how about modifying the exhaust somehow so your skidframe doesn't pack a 100 lbs. of snow in it and then freeze all the time.

How about tilt steering? A TEMP gauge or at least a toggle to get to it on the speedo?
What I'd really like to see is a build sheet, like truck and car makers have. Polaris moved a tiny step in that direction this year. Start with your base model. Want Fox shocks? Add $800. Want 2-12 volt plugs? Add $50. Want a yammacharger? $1500 please. Single ply track, pre drilled? $200. Ok my prices are outta whack but you get the idea.
I know Yamaha and all dealers buy in bulk. Tracks, wheels, etc. But I think they need to look forward. How much easier would it be, and better for the sled, for them to put the track I want on at the factory instead of me redoing it in my garage?
Every rider is unique in some way. We deserve a sled that is too. I think the first company to get this will see sales numbers beyond belief.

morg said:
How about tilt steering? A TEMP gauge or at least a toggle to get to it on the speedo?
What I'd really like to see is a build sheet, like truck and car makers have. Polaris moved a tiny step in that direction this year. Start with your base model. Want Fox shocks? Add $800. Want 2-12 volt plugs? Add $50. Want a yammacharger? $1500 please. Single ply track, pre drilled? $200. Ok my prices are outta whack but you get the idea.
I know Yamaha and all dealers buy in bulk. Tracks, wheels, etc. But I think they need to look forward. How much easier would it be, and better for the sled, for them to put the track I want on at the factory instead of me redoing it in my garage?
Every rider is unique in some way. We deserve a sled that is too. I think the first company to get this will see sales numbers beyond belief.

X2

I dont see yamaha In the sled game much longer they are going into 10 plus seasons of a massaged delta chassis they keep making heavy sleds heavier ie; the vector other than exup and power steering which arent required if they could solve the weight issue slider wear that is unacceptable certain engine componet failures ie; cam chain tensioners that for a company that has produced motorcycles for half a century can t get one to last to the 2nd oil change and not warranty it when it fails is unheard of i will not continue to support their products I am great ful to have met a lot of nice people in the ty community and thanks for all your advice and help I will watch and read but cant contribute as i am no longer a 4 stroke yamaha owner I still have my 2 strokes tho happy trails Hoss out

cam chain tensioners that for a company that has produced motorcycles for half a century can t get one to last to the 2nd oil change
this statement ranks near the top as far as pure bull chit about yamahas. give me a break, this engine owns the world record for milage and endurance. bye hoss, and if you find a better engine, set a new world record and tell us about it.

Perhaps grader before you shoot yourself about pure bull #*$&@ Grader you should read the the 50 plus page post on this forum and stickies as well and perhaps if you had read hondos world record post you would know his had failed as well! So until you educate yourself about the subject go and have a good day.

EDITED BY SLED DOG.

From what I understand it was fixed on sleds newer then 07 so it should no longer be an issue on the new ones.

yamahas said:
From what I understand it was fixed on sleds newer then 07 so it should no longer be an issue on the new ones.

I thought I remembered reading the same thing? :dunno:

It has been fixed on 08 and above... The problem is us poor suckers with 05/07 sleds that they won't fix.......... I can tell ya right now if mine ever pukes that "WILL" be the last yammie anything I buy.......... And I've been loyal blue since 1966............
Now back to 2013 sleds.

A 120 kids sled...
50lbs. less weight.
A silent track. Doo and cat have it. Come on yammie.
Mirrors on the GT models from the factory.
Built in GPS option.
MM.

MadMax said:
It has been fixed on 08 and above... The problem is us poor suckers with 05/07 sleds that they won't fix.......... I can tell ya right now if mine ever pukes that "WILL" be the last yammie anything I buy.......... And I've been loyal blue since 1966............
Now back to 2013 sleds.

A 120 kids sled...
50lbs. less weight.
A silent track. Doo and cat have it. Come on yammie.
Mirrors on the GT models from the factory.
Built in GPS option.
MM.
Ya. I want that too. And a bigger tank. And the super charger. From the factory.

I'd like to see them get back to a full 10 gallon tank for trail sleds, and the FX Nytro's also.

Apex engine with factory boost option, gen 2 nytro chassie with a vertical steering poost and a 50-60 lbs shaved off :)))))))

Back