• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

High elevation proven Mcxpress stage 3

awsome!! any info on the sled? what boost level he running ? what elevation?
Thanks. I have the mcx stage 3 with the bigger turbo and intercooler. I put a 175×2.8 with the 3.5 pitch track. It also has the belt drive with higher gearing. Running 22 psi boost at 10k ft.

What a monster that would be. How much does throttle response change over stock? And what octave are your running at that elevation with 22psi?

What a monster that would be. How much does throttle response change over stock? And what octave are your running at that elevation with 22psi?
The throttle response is actually a little better then stock. And running straight 110 race fuel. Its definitely a handful of fun.

I’ve always liked MCXPRESS gear time and again runs strong. Just hard to justify the extra turbo expense when the stocker works so well

I’ve always liked MCXPRESS gear time and again runs strong. Just hard to justify the extra turbo expense when the stocker works so well[/QUOTE
I hear ya. I also have a king cat with the evo tune. I have just as much fun on both of them.

Thanks. I have the mcx stage 3 with the bigger turbo and intercooler. I put a 175×2.8 with the 3.5 pitch track. It also has the belt drive with higher gearing. Running 22 psi boost at 10k ft.

how do you like that track?

how do you like that track?
I like it a lot . Pushes forward in the fluff and bites hard if there is a base. I had the CE 174×3.2 on it last year. I didn't care for that track. Almost seemed to soft. I did need to change the drivers to a 6 tooth just because of the 3.5 pitch. But I offset that by putting 1.84 gearing in it.

This kit looks pretty sweet. But I just don’t know if I would fork over the cash for such little gains. I have two sidewinders running the stock turbos and seeing 20 psi of boost at 10,000 ft on Turbo Dynamics tunes, exhaust, air intake, new map sensor and blow off valve. Not trying to bash mcxpress. They do make awesome kits. I have an mcxpress turbo kit in my sons Phazer and it works great. I’m not sure where I was going with this. I guess I just want others to know you don’t have to spend $5000 dollars to get 300 HP.

This kit looks pretty sweet. But I just don’t know if I would fork over the cash for such little gains. I have two sidewinders running the stock turbos and seeing 20 psi of boost at 10,000 ft on Turbo Dynamics tunes, exhaust, air intake, new map sensor and blow off valve. Not trying to bash mcxpress. They do make awesome kits. I have an mcxpress turbo kit in my sons Phazer and it works great. I’m not sure where I was going with this. I guess I just want others to know you don’t have to spend $5000 dollars to get 300 HP.
To each his own. I'm running 24 psi boost. You will never get the same horsepower out of the stock turbo that you will out of the bigger t19 turbo. Plus you must not climb many long chutes. Your intake temps would be through the roof with the stock intercooler. So my point is you do need to spend the money if you want a reliable high horse power sled at elevation.

That makes sense. I live in Wyoming and I do my fair share of climbing but nothing where I’m holding the throttle wide open for 30-45 seconds entering hills at 60MPH. To be honest I have never looked at my air intake temp after a long wide open pull. I’ll be keeping a good eye on that from now on.

Screenshot_20191210-083538_Gap Flasher.jpg270 high elevation tune , Short 5+/- second pull at 8500ft EL stock turbo and IC , temps climb rapidly. 77 degrees to 113 degrees .
Stock definitely has its limits.

That makes sense. I live in Wyoming and I do my fair share of climbing but nothing where I’m holding the throttle wide open for 30-45 seconds entering hills at 60MPH. To be honest I have never looked at my air intake temp after a long wide open pull. I’ll be keeping a good eye on that from now on.
I also have a king cat with a stage 4 tune 3 inch exhaust and running 18-19 psi boost at elevation. I can watch intake temps push to over 115 degrees on a short climb. Once it gets to that temp it starts pulling power away to keep from detonation. I have many hours of data logging at elevation to know exactly what these sleds are doing. Mcxpress made a kit for us high elevation riders and did a awesome job. So please don't mislead others in your personal opinion.

These #s make a strong case for water/meth injection!

Back