• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hindle/Hurricane 2 year update w/pics

Just for fun...and if you missed it last year.
Thought you might like to see the Dyno chart my sled ran at Hurricane with this power up kit.
Cheers

Attachments

• Mach9-xtx-nytro-dyno-result.jpg
    Mach9-xtx-nytro-dyno-result.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 428

Good thread!

I purchased a Hindle system from Hurricane this summer as well. I already had Ulmer's K&N intake and the PCV. So I'm mixing mods here, hoping I can get a map dialled in for the mix.

Attachments

• 67 Hindle.jpg
    67 Hindle.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 134
Looks like it doesn't like to make gains at 7000 RPM but pulls like a beast everywhere else :Rockon: I think this kit needs to be on my sled........

nytroman20 said:
So we should be clutching for the 9000 range... And not the 8800 mark as she just keeps making hp. Good to know!
I would not be afraid to let it run up to 9000...mine is banging 8960-9060 on a 1000-1200' pull and seems really happy there. I've tweaked 9200 in powder, but for the most part 9000 she runs like cheetah!

sorenson1610 said:
Looks like it doesn't like to make gains at 7000 RPM but pulls like a beast everywhere else :Rockon: I think this kit needs to be on my sled........

Trust me when I say " you'll never even notice it as you won't be at 7 grand for long" ;)!

shaddow44 said:
sorenson1610 said:

Trust me when I say " you'll never even notice it as you won't be at 7 grand for long" ;)!

Good point, are you still running turks d&f set up with this kit? I picked up a kit from Turk early this summer, eager to test it out.

sorenson1610 said:
shaddow44 said:
sorenson1610 said:

Good point, are you still running turks d&f set up with this kit? I picked up a kit from Turk early this summer, eager to test it out.

Yep, the black spring set up...works awsome!

shaddow44 said:
sorenson1610 said:
shaddow44 said:
sorenson1610 said:

Yup have the black spring turk special haha, might need some fine tuning help depending how it performs. I'm a rookie in that department ;)!

Confused? said:
I like the power... Not sure on the price tho

Whats wrong with the price...pretty cheap price for an 18hp gain...have you seen anything similar for cheaper?

sorenson1610 said:
shaddow44 said:
sorenson1610 said:
shaddow44 said:
sorenson1610 said:

Yup have the black spring turk special haha, might need some fine tuning help depending how it performs. I'm a rookie in that department ;)!

No problems...even with my kit I haven't had to make any changes...rpms are bang on 8960-9060, which imo is perfect for this kit!

Hey shaddow...
I can't remember the numbers, but what HP did your Nytro peak both times in stock trim on DTR's dyno and then on Hurricane's dyno.
Cheers

at the DTR session peak HP was made at 8300 rpm ( 139.7 ) but it made in the 139hp area from 8100-8600. I wasn't present for the DTR session so I don't know how many pulls Jim did to get a good baseline. At Hurricanes dyno session peak power was made at 8800 rpm....Daves procedure was very controlled as you well know...several pulls, followed by 2 back to back pulls while shes good and warm. Peak HP for the full mods was 9000 at Hurricane.

Cool thanks.
So... If I do some quick calculations in my head and throw caution to the wind.
We would have been pulling something like 158 to 160 on the DTR dyno after mods.
Best if I simply say Dave's dyno numbers for my test were conservative.

Back