• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

holtzman nitrous kit

tylerearl88

Extreme
Thinking about buying one of these kits for my 08 nytro and I have a few questions. They say they do not need a programmer to run them but it appears to be a dry kit. Is this because the nytro is already run rich enough? Also I have a pc5, will this effect the nitrous kit? Can a bigger shot then 40hp be used with this kit? Will I be able to clutch the sled properly to run on the noz and off the noz at the same time? I had a wet nitrous kit on my 06 rev 600 and it was reliable was pretty safe for the motor, Will this kit be safe for the motor on my nytro? Any info anyone has on these kits would be great.

Thanks.

I have had 3 of his sytems.
There is no fuel controller needed because tthe system taps into your stock fuel line and there is an adjuster to richen or lean out the fuel so you you can fine tune it in.
You can run a bigger shot buut only on race fuel and colder range plugs (cr10ek).
You should never clutch for nitrous and load the motor as it is bad for it,Plus if you let a sled over rev a few hundred rpms vs clutching for it the sled that over revs is way faster.Of course on the yamahas you will be fighting with the rev limiter.Thats whats nice about the ignition module that ulmer sells as you can raise the rev limiter slightly without huting the engine.

Ok thanks. Also Nos sells a sniper universal wet kit for 4-6 cylinders. It has jets for 35, 50 qnd 75hp shots. I used a universal nos kit on my rev and it was very simple and worked very well. I know that this kit says 4-6 cylinder but it isa single foger so it should work. The reason I ask about this kit is because it is $411 and I can probably get it cheaper as I am a dealer for one of their distributers. It also comes with a wide open throttle switch witch I want. It comes with a 10lb bottle (any way to fit this?), If not I can probably get it switched for a 2.5 or 3lb.

I have had 3 of his sytems.
There is no fuel controller needed because tthe system taps into your stock fuel line and there is an adjuster to richen or lean out the fuel so you you can fine tune it in.
You can run a bigger shot buut only on race fuel and colder range plugs (cr10ek).
You should never clutch for nitrous and load the motor as it is bad for it,Plus if you let a sled over rev a few hundred rpms vs clutching for it the sled that over revs is way faster.Of course on the yamahas you will be fighting with the rev limiter.Thats whats nice about the ignition module that ulmer sells as you can raise the rev limiter slightly without huting the engine.
Where do you T into your fuel system. No need of extra fuel pump then?!

Thinking about buying one of these kits for my 08 nytro and I have a few questions. They say they do not need a programmer to run them but it appears to be a dry kit. Is this because the nytro is already run rich enough? Also I have a pc5, will this effect the nitrous kit? Can a bigger shot then 40hp be used with this kit? Will I be able to clutch the sled properly to run on the noz and off the noz at the same time? I had a wet nitrous kit on my 06 rev 600 and it was reliable was pretty safe for the motor, Will this kit be safe for the motor on my nytro? Any info anyone has on these kits would be great.

Thanks.

The Holtzman kit is a wet kit. The main fuel line gets tapped into and the fuel injection is more than enough to supply fuel to both.

The PC5 won't have any effect on the nitrous kit. Basically if your engine is running perfect before nitrous, once the kit is dialed in everything will work perfect.

Yes, you can add different nozzles for more HPR, but you will need to adjust the fuel adjuster.

Back