• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hot grips/handlebar compatibility question

karlburns

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 apex xtx
2010 vector ltx gt
I'm working on rebuilding a 97 700 vmax sx as a spare sled that I'll end up selling at the end of winter. I'm trying to avoid sinking any more money then I have to in it. So my question is.

Has anyone used a set of handlebars and or the heated grips off a newer apex on the old sleds? I'm sure I'd have to cut the hot grips and wire them in like the old ones but figured I'd see if I'm crazy for thinking it would work. I can get used handlebar sets around here for nothing because of all the nypex builds.

I added 07 Apex bars to my 02 Viper. Was very easy to do. You will need to get a riser as the Apex bars a fairly straight compared to the SX.
One thing you will have to watch is the resistance. You have to keep it the same as the factory grips. Very important as the 97 SX has only one control for the grips and thumb warmer.(?)
Its been awhile since a have seen the controls of a tailbone busting proaction sled.
You can read this write up about the 07 bars on a Viper
http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/threads/78800-Viper-with-Apex-Bars

Good write up. Didn't think about the riser. Is the stock riser that comes on the apexs compatible? Like I said I can get scrap parts around here cheaper then shipping for the most part.

Back