• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hot start hard start

04mx

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha
Long story short , 2010 nytro my motor decided to puke the valves and a rod out the block ...... got a used motor and had the valves adjusted ,put it in and starts fine cold but if I shut it off after a ride or to get gas then when I try to start it again it runs real ruff . The thing is it didn't do that before I swapped the engine . I think the engine is a 2008 or 2009 tho.

Anyone have this problem ? Or had this problem ?

Thanks

No , no codes but it I give it just a little throttle it starts right up .

Are you sure the throttle free play is adjusted properly? You might want to run the diagnostics and check the throttle position sensor adjustment on the throttle body.

bought my 09 xtx new. now has over 22000 on it. has done that last few years. slight crack of the throttle and it fires instantly. I plan to check and shim valve lash and maybe do a tensioner this summer. if they aren't a problem I plan to turn the idle stop up on the rack and assume the idle bypass will compensate. bought a winder xtx this year, but still love the nytro. In many ways I prefer it and my wife rides the winder instead of the apex

Il Check again but if I remember it was 16 with the throttle at rest and 95 full throttle .

Idle is about 1400 Rpm I also love the nytro , was thinking of trying a viper ,the sidewinders are out of my price range for the riding time I do , about 1000 2000 km per year .

even if you raise the idle stop, I believe the air bypass will compensate. did this on my apex when new because the butterflies were hanging up a bit from being so closed and tried to kill me a few times trying to ease over obsticles. of course even tough it had 5 year yes, the dealer "never heard of it"... cant always follow the book. randomly came up with the idea. idle remained the same as the computer compensated the bypass. worked good, that was 13000 miles ago.
Not uncommon for older sleds to need some throttle. remember the 583s and 670s with rotary valve. required 3 hands to start

I put the 2010 throttle body's on it

Back