• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How can I tell what model I have? Apex GT, Apex LTX, Apex RTX?

bbergstr

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 Yamaha Apex
Recently picked up this 2008 Apex. Would like to download the correct service manual for it but not sure which Apex it is. Doesn't say on the side sticker. I know it's not an MTX as I assume that's the mountain version; this is more of a shorter track (121 or 136", not sure of that either). How can I tell if it's a GT, LTX, or RTX?

Well, it definitely has a longer 136" suspension which would make it a LTX like my 08 but unclear as to what shock package it has; especially in the rear suspension. Front shocks look standard (i.e. not Ohlins or GYTR).

OK, LTX it is then. I wanted to get the correct manual because it's the specifics of the suspension and undercarriage details I'm looking for. My previous sleds were over 25 years old so they're a bit different now. Got some ratcheting going on in deep snow so trying to figure out if I'm missing any parts and how to tighten the track. Thanks guys. Nice getting answers quickly like this.

If the track is racheting loosen the axel bolt at the rear idlers. Then look in the track windows. There is a 14mm. Nut on each side. Turn them cw to tighten. Make sure the track is running square and tighten the axel back up. As for the service manual if you become a VIP the moderators can hook you up with the manual. And all it cost is 15$

OK, thanks for that info. Good stuff!

Geez, wish I knew about that. I just now paid (and downloaded) the service manual. Paid a lot more than $15. :(

Become a VIP member on TY 4Stroke and get the manuals for free!!!!

Back