• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How many miles on the 2010

I'm now over 1000 and have decided to keep the spring in the middle position with the shock set to full soft. I find it a bit stiff for the nicely groomed trails but good adjustability when they get crappy. With the year we're having, better be set up for crappy. And yes, there will be a new windshield next year.

2300 miles so far. leaving this week-end plan to do another 1000 miles before the storage. very mild here and the rare snow are melting slowly

Wertles said:
I'm now over 1000 and have decided to keep the spring in the middle position with the shock set to full soft. I find it a bit stiff for the nicely groomed trails but good adjustability when they get crappy. With the year we're having, better be set up for crappy. And yes, there will be a new windshield next year.

I met an older gentleman with a 2010 Vector GT and he had the desinger vector wind shield and he said the wind went over him. I may try this one next year.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/produ ... etail.aspx

The way it lipped up was differnt then the mid level ones that come stock.

i have the exact same 1 but its an 09,its better than the stock 1 for sure,mine didnt fit perfectly for some reason

Attachments

• IMG_0252.JPG
    IMG_0252.JPG
    245.6 KB · Views: 75
850 miles so far hope snow holds for a bit longer. Only one problem the thing stalled on me twice last weekend come to a stop and let off and quit like you shut off the key. No lights on and seams to run allright. EFI so why it did it unsure bad gas???

I do like that shield and thought about it at the beginning of the season just because I thought it would look great on the sled but I didn't realize it was shaped differently. I thought since they were both mid height, only the graphics were different. This site rocks! Great to see that you guys are liking it.

1700 miles and still smiling. I rode the wifes 2009 Vector RS last night and I don't know what it is about that sled but I really like driving it. I have snowtrackers on it and the thing really rails around the corner and I love sliding the track around without the studs. When I get back on the EFI vector I just smile.

markshop said:
How many miles on the 2010 vectors so far? I got 800 and counting. Any problems? I have no complaints so far other than fast slide wear when the track was too tight. Now it is within reason.

I recently ran into Nick Keller from Richmond, MN in the UP of Michigan at Pat's Yamaha in Greenland. He is currently breaking the world record for miles in one season with a 2010 Yamaha Vector GT. He was actually replacing his primary clutch. He has been riding it mostly around 60 mph and wore a groove in the clutch sheaves. Yamaha covered the cost. At the time I saw him he had 14, 490 miles around the 10th of Feb. this month.

here are jsut a couple links:

http://www.snowballcancer.org/media/

http://yourdailyglobe.com/main.asp?Sect ... M=81403.28

There are plenty more if you google his name.

Attachments

• P1030408-1.JPG
    P1030408-1.JPG
    226.8 KB · Views: 66
2500 miles on mine great sled but room for improvement. Noisy, same old clutch rattle and harmonic noise, accessibility for service. shitty seat, bad fit on accessory tall windshield. No changes for 2011. Needs a facelift.

Good things, great performance and economy, nice suspension, easy steering, reliability.

Back