• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How many miles on your OEM belt?????

Yamaha 40th

Extreme
I just had my OEM belt let loose...thankfully we cought it b/4 it compleatly let loose.......but the sled has 2100 miles on it???? it is a 2008 Apex GT I bought new...it the belt that came on it from the factory, is this about the right amount of miles or should I be looking for something else wrong??????

Changed mine out at 6000 miles. This was the original belt and it showed no signs of delaminating or wear. The belt width was still in spec too. Not sure what the average belt life is.

i change mine every season no matter what....im sure i can get more miles but blowing a belt can mess alot up.

the belt life has a ton to do with how you ride....if you are pounding hard in deep powder constantly,dont expect too much life....while touring on hardpack trails will get you 5000+miles.

the trick here is to take a good look at your belt every few hundred miles and replace when you start seeing those side cords looking ragged.

Dan

I get no more than 1000 miles on my 06 apex and the belt starts fraying but I ride pretty much clamped to the bars all the time.

Dan

I get 6 to 8000kms easy, like Dan said I change mine yearly...clean and de-glaze clutches also yearly...

My first belt in my Apex lasted about 2300 miles. After that I don't think I had a belt last longer than 1300. It seems most of the Yams that were in our group got about 1300 to 1600 miles out of a belt. I agree, it's all in how you ride. Since we are corner to corner and the since we are always accelerating through changing surfaces the belt is working overtime. Which may explain why some of the guys that run high speeds still get pretty good life out of their belts. Less shifting, I know the clutching can be improved but just don't feel like going through that yet. Maybe next year a set of Drag N Fly's, and a Team Tied.

Its a wear item,i stay with stock much stronger/lasts longer IMO.it ALL depends how hard you push that APEX VOLUME! average for me is3000mi give or take,but thats me.still have all my belts and they still will work for the APEX and SRX.OEM.

My sled with 11,000 miles on it has only had 2 belts and I'm still using them. But after reading this thread I really should get a new one. The old ones owe me nothing....

All depends on how you ride. Over the years I have changed at 1000 (approx) and on my RX1 it was over 4000. It is cheap insurance to replace it yearly and keep the take-off for a spare. I have flat spotted a belt trying to pull out after a lunch stop because of freeze up. The belt was low mile but a flat spot makes it junk. Thankful I had a take-off under the hood.

(I know…lift the sled and drop it! Did it and was still frozen!)

11,000 miles and I am on my 3rd belt. the other 2 didn't blow, I just changed them out for good measure and have them as spares.

Attachments

• pic me 002.jpg
    pic me 002.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 64

Back